Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32 cal.

Boolit Master

32 cal.

I have just traded for a 32 cal percussion muzzle loader. I don't know what size RB'S, to shoot in it and what powder charge? I have been shooting OO- BUCK SHOT in it. I use 30 grains of 3FG. with a felt wad over the powder and one over the RB. and it does crack when fired! it is marked GOUCHER on the lock with a hunting dog behind the hammer. it is odd that it has no half cock on it. I removed the lock and it never had one, odd? I have never seen one without a half cock, any one else? it is a half stock, octagon with all brass furniture. and has a cupped brass ram rod, that has a slotted bottom for attaching a patch to it. so just what do I have, any one know? all help would be appreaciated.

Boolit Master
    I cannot attach any photo's, my BANG & OLUFSEN , lap top will not do it, sorry.

Boolit Master
    I have both .310 and .315 balls for my .32s
    I also have buckshot molds and will use the Close Sized ball with the proper thickness of patch over 25 gr of 3f.
    I want to try some cast Boolits like 115 gr for M1 with the mold slightly Beagled.
    I do remember some Cheap rifles that didn't have a half cock notch.
    Possibly some of the original from back in the day we're made that way.
    But are you sure that there is no notch ?

Boolit Grand Master

I have 3 32's. 2 of them take a 310 RB with a .015 patch and an old original that takes a .319 RB with a .015 patch. they all shoot well with 15-20gr of powder.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy

Toot good info here
    Also visit the The Muzzleloader Forum where there are many 32 cal users.

Many old percussion locks had no half cock notch.

Boolit Master
    I have a T/C 32 and use .310 rb and T/C Maxi. Both work well in it. Also use the rb for my buckshot loads. Multi purpoose ball.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

I have a 32 I need to try shooting, since I bought it last year and never got around to it. I plan to try this stuff: https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Su...uctinfo/SBK15/
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master
    I an sure there is no half cock notch that was ever milled / machined on the tumbler. as I stated it is an original gun from the 1850"s.

Boolit Master
    freakonaleash, thank you for the come back. as I am not stupped. I have been collecting muzzleloaders, for over 70 yrs. as you stated many never had a half cock. and I seem to have one, MFG, by GOUCHER!! he was a rifle maker , that is listed.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    I have a 32 I need to try shooting, since I bought it last year and never got around to it. I plan to try this stuff: https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Su...uctinfo/SBK15/
    Try the 1 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    fiberoptik, I did and out of stock. thank's.

Boolit Master
    LAGS, I have not patched them. I use 2FG. with a felt wad over the 30 grain load & push the RB, down into the felt wad & put another felt wad on top of the ball to hold it in. that is what I do to it. works for me! I know some one will say to use 3FG. but you use what you have on hand. it has instant ignition with 2FG!.

Boolit Master
    brewer12345, as I stated it is out if stock. thanks for the help!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    I have both soft and harder 310 rb if you would like to try. Let me know and we can set up a meet. I also use for buckshot loads.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master
    I would like to set up a meet, but you are in COLORADO & I am in the north east. a bit far to drive. thanks for the offer, wish we were closer.

Boolit Master
    ohiochuck, yes it is a great site! I am already a member on it.

Boolit Master

When I had a 32 it seemed to work best with around 10 grains of 3F. Was trying it with much more and it did not shoot very good, then I remembered the 32 rim fire only has 9 grains of powder.

Boolit Master
    I bought a TC that has 2 32 cal GM barrels and locks, percussion and flint. I use the Lee 310 ball over 20 grs of 3F. 50yd groups are right at 1"with either barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    I have both soft and harder 310 rb if you would like to try. Let me know and we can set up a meet. I also use for buckshot loads.
    swamp

Appreciate the thought, but I have the 1.5 buck and a .310 mold so I should be set. Frankly, this will take a back seat to fooling around with 58 minies and playing with a new to me 45.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast