Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Did You Like About The Olympics?

Boolit Master
    Can't wait for BREAK DANCING as an Olympic Sport! What The Heck?

Boolit Grand Master
    I watched a bit but not really very interested in it. Mostly background noise while on the laptop. Normally watch Fox at night but my fiancé gets tired of it, so I let her watch what she wanted.

Sure is impressive how a little country like Norway eats everyone's lunch.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I think id rather watch paint dry then a most of what they have on tv

Boolit Master
    I thought the chinese had the olympics a few years ago, did they buy it? Them Greeks have been in financial trouble for years, wouldn't surprise me.

Ignorance is Bliss!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I watched alot this year. The speed skating is fun to see and downhill skiing as well. Sure better than normal TV the news is to depressing.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Skeleton is my favorite. I love watching them go 80mph down an icy ditch, headfirst and face down, while riding a garbage can lid.
    If I were a younger man, I'd love to try it.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master

Didn't waste my time.....
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Did not watch one second of the Olympics.
    Didn't watch one single second of the Beijing propaganda show.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    We refused to watch one second of it . . . should need have been held in Communist China . . nuff said.

I watched the snowboard cross with a friend and was blown away by what they pulled for tricks as I’m a snowboarder especially the Chinese kid (he was 17 kid applies) as the through down and stuck the landing on an 1800 I’m happy Canada got 1st and 3rd but I though that kid maybe should have won his runs were amazing

That they are over!

That said, I admire the athletes and their abilities. I just hate coddling a nation that’s primary goal is to destroy my country and achieve world domination while completely ignoring common decency toward much of it’s population! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    Maybe its just the TV programming we have, but it seemed that every time we tried to watch the only thing being shown was curling. With no interest in that activity at all, I was satisfied with a few views of the ice skating. The "home grown officiating influence" of the scores for that part of the competitions was also amazing.

Enjoyed the biathlon a bunch. Inspired me to get my M2 out and ring some 60 yd steel. Only offhand but no skis.

Boolit Grand Master

I was pretty pleased with how easy they were to ignore.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Bub
    Hope you guys don’t miss the “Break Dancing” coming in 2024 from France.

I can’t wait, just kidding [yes I can]. The Olympics have become a joke and it’s a shame as much work as the athletes do to get to that level of skill. The 15 year old Russian skater tests positive for drugs but is allowed to skate even with russia being banned for doping at the last Olympics. Why is a 15 year old there at all? Lets exploit these kids for the ratings.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 02-21-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by gbehrman View Post
    Hope you guys don’t miss the “Break Dancing” coming in 2024 from France.
    At least it ain't "The most memorable gang shootings in Chicago 2024"

I don't like or listen to rap, hip hop, pop, I don't appreciate that "culture" ONE BIT. But, down in New Orleans by the square, many years ago when breaking was popular, (AND you could GO to New Orleans without getting SHOT) I saw a troupe of young blacks breaking on a 40' x 40' tarp, and I'm telling you THEY WAS GOOD! As good or better than anything I have seen on AGT. I was pretty impressed with their seemingly defying the laws of physics moves. You have to look past the stigma. You have to look past the genre, just like the olympics, I watched because the athletes were performing to the best of their capabilities, regardless of the host nations' track record. And I appreciated EVERY winning performance regardless of the flag they wore.

Yes it's a sad state of affairs when one Russian teen gets busted and they STILL let her skate, but otoh, the Russian pairs that skated last, were PHENOMENAL.

Do you have any idea how much WORK it takes to perfect even one of the moves they executed with perfection? You are on ice, skating. In front of millions of viewers, you artfully and gracefully pick up 120lbs of female skater and you TOSS her with a forceful twisting motion 4 FEET into the air above you and then catch her, land her on one skate, backwards, like she doesn't weigh anything at all.

Most of our "professional" athletes couldn't do that spinning toss standing on solid ground with their shoes on. Y'all can hate on Russia or China all you want, but you cannot deny the human effort and all the hard work they put into it. Somebody takes home a gold medal in this event? They worked their BUTTS OFF for that medal.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

While I did enjoy hearing the complaints from Athletes about how poor the food was, Mostly I am liking that it is over and done with.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    It's over???

OMG - I missed it!!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast