Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Did You Like About The Olympics?

Vendor Sponsor

What Did You Like About The Olympics?

I welcomed the olympics this time, I stayed glued to the tele in the evenings. Less politics less BS. The improvements in technology for one was astounding! The control room(s) used by NBC were some NASA looking stuff, but the resolution and dynamics they showed us on our screens was worth all the work. Drone views were right there with the athletes, you couldn't get any closer to them as they competed.

For the first time, they showed (at least to American audiences) the athletes' families and friends at home, and at bars all gathered round cheering them on, that was very cool.

And the courses that the Chinese built were all masterfully done, they were as perfect as I have ever seen, I have to give credit where credit is due.

My favorites were the snowboard cross, and the pairs skating. Those skaters work for YEARS to hone their routines and their moves, and it showed.

The only negative comment I would have would be for NBC's choice of commentators in the studio, Tara Lipinski was good but the fruitcake he/she/it whatever it is Johnny Weir I could do without. I am sure the bite me administration is probably eyeing up a spot it could fill.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 02-20-2022 at 10:44 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Mostly that they are over or soon will be.

Boolit Grand Master

Didn't watch and was barely aware they were on.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Perhaps it was the majestic view of the old steel mill which was right next to the ski jump. It just proves that there’s no hiding the splendor of Communism. You can clean it up and toss big bucks around ( ask Hunter) but in the end it’s just like putting a spit shine on a . Beyond that🥱 not a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Olymics were on? Who knew? I put a new differential, drive shaft, front brakes, and changed the tranny fluid on the daughters Escape. (junk). Gas checked 300 .30 cal Lees, and loaded 200 30-06's. Changed a front crank seal on the Mustang, and just got done buffing some rain-x on Fastlady's Speed6 windshield. She just now pulled a home made chicken pot pie out of the oven.
    When I asked her what's on TV, she said "dust"
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Ladies beach volley ball is 1 on my list to watch, The rest. Mai la

Boolit Master
    I really enjoyed the "single bob". My wife is a connoisseur of fine skating, so enjoyed watching that with her.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

What Olympics?
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Banned
    Olympics? are they still doing that? the last time i watched the Olympics was in a bar in '04 and it was women's curling.

I am normally a fan...but this year, no. Not one minute on our rarely used TV.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Bub

the off button on remote and the on button on the stereo

Boolit Master
    I only heard one thing about the olympics. Russian skaters can compete with body enhancing drugs in their system but american runners can't compete with pot in their system. I didn't watch any of it.

I did get an Arisaka drilled and tapped for a scope base and glass bedded the action.

Boolit Master
    Mostly figure skating, and watching how the Russian skaters temper tantrum about who won gold and who won silver while the Japanese skater was joyous she was on the podium with bronze! That Russian coach! She's colder than the ice those poor girls where skating on!

Boolit Master

I have watched a snippit or two of "athletic propaganda" as taped video and then changed genre immediately to something in which I was truly interested. Olympics - yawn...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Nuttin' honey.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master
    why watch communism on TV when we are living it here in the US? no thanks its no different from NFL or NBA

Couldn't get past China's complete disregard for human decency..... so;

Closing ceremony.

Boolit Master

The ending ceremony.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Did not watch one second of the Olympics.

Boolit Master
    Did not watch any of it.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast