Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Episode 2: Bucket list guns! ATLAS Gunworks Titan 1911

Boolit Master

Episode 2: Bucket list guns! ATLAS Gunworks Titan 1911

On this edition of Bucket List Guns:
    Atlas Gunworks Titan 1911, .40cal

Another gun that has been on my to-do list was to pickup a 1911 to shoot in USPSA Single Stack.
    A good friend had purchased this piticular gun new from Atlas a few years ago and decided to sell it as he found he would rather shoot higher capacity divisions. He would rather sell it and put that toward other divisions and I wanting to get a single stack program going, I couldn't resist. I already had a full custom 2011 Open Division gun built by Atlas a few years ago and super happy with their work. They make some of the finest top-tier custom/performance guns a guy could buy. Their craftsmanship, fit & finish, attention to detail, performance, and customer service are at the top of the pack with the likes of Infinity custom. I got a pretty good deal on it along with 10 Tripp Research Cobramags. As new, I was probably not looking to get something in this price range but lucked out by my buddy selling his. And Atlas currently does not produce 1911's, everything they are currently building is a 2011 (hi-cap/double stack) gun.

To preface this, this is very specifically built as a competition gun, built to division rules of which are some considerations. Firstly, it must be of John Moses Brownings original basic design. Iron sights, no barrel porting or compensators, must use a barrel bushing aka no bull barrels, these kinds of things. There is a weight limit, it has to fit with a specific size box, theres a lot of class specific details. You do have cosmetic liberties with finishes, dust cover type, serrations, tri-topping, slide cuts, etc. You may shoot 9mm, 40cal or 45 but balance round count and power factor. There is a preferential scoring advantage to shooting major power factor. Because a major class generally has more recoil & harder to shoot, there is a points advantage and minor being easier, is less point potentially. The 9mm guns in single stack are allowed 10rds in the mags but are minor PF only. The minimun caliber eligible for major PF is 40 cal but major is also 8rds per mag limited. This division is mostly dominated by 40cal guns because you can shoot minor or major and fit 10 or 8rds per mag. You can shoot 45 minor but are at a round disadvantage. There are 10rd 45 mags but not that fit in the box. Its all a technical balance based on the rules but generally its also easier to get a softer shooting 40 major gun.

This piticular Atlas Titan in .40 S&W has a 5in KKM barrel, series 70 type, EGW hammer and ignition parts, EGW HD extractor, Dawson/Atlas sights, Dawson ICE magwell, Geppart X-line Vario trigger, VZ grips, & pinned grip safety. Trigger is about 2lb. Going to put some different grips on it, Doubletap shielded safeties and a few other minor changes. Overall a beautiful gun and butterey smooth!

Tune in again in the next few weeks for more episodes of Bucket List Guns! Same bat time, same bat channel!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220219_000240.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	296543 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220219_000438.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	296544
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    If anyone here happens to have some Geppart aluminum grips, I would be interested.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    Another thought, has anyone here played with alternate higher/lower mag catches in 40 cal 1911?
    ~ Chris

Accuracy, Power & Speed