Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sellin & Swappin RE: WTB/WTT

Boolit Master

Sellin & Swappin RE: WTB/WTT

Am I the only person that is annoyed by all the WTB and WTT posts in the S&S section? Look I know this isn't my forum and I don't have any say in how anything on this place is run. But with times being what they are and the proliferation of WTB threads I think the time is long overdue for a a couple subforums in the S&S section for these specific request. I don't have anything I own that I'm willing to part with. I don't want to filter through the garbage in S&S just to try see what's for sale. If I want to sell something I would rather go to a WTB section to see what people want. If I want to buy something I'd like to go to what's for sale. I'm sure the people trying to sell something have to feel the same way. How would you like to post an ad for something for sale only to have the section watered down with WTB threads? And for the record I haven't sold anything here in a long time so I'm not posting because of a lost sale or anything like that.

I know I can't be the only one to feel this way about this. This place is a valuable resource that I feel could be better utilized by adding a couple sub forums for the WTB and WTT ads.

That's just my $.02
    You can read all the stuff online, in the magazines and in books and buy into the hypothesis but if you don't actually load up and test them then you know nothing until you do.

Boolit Grand Master

The problem is most people don't look at the WTB section if it's by itself. I have sold a couple of items that I had zero intensions of selling simply because I forgot I had them and I didn't use them. Seeing the WTB reminded me that I had them and I did not need them.

At one time the WTB section was separate and IMHO it was dead air space.

I prefer the current format.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

I too prefer it the way it is. The only thing I could ask for is a slightly different forum setup in which it allows you to color code. Say a WTS was red, a WTT was blue, and a WTB was green, or something of that nature. The other thing I would like is the "boolit exchange" to be brought out as it's own subsection like Pay it Forward is. I keep forgetting it exists as it is, and it seems most people are the same, as it is dead.

Vendor Sponsor

I'm fine with the current process. It takes maybe a few minutes of my day and maybe there is something that I have vs want, to make a connection.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

The board has too many sub forums as it is. What I’d like to see go are some of the 10 year old stickies.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I like the current setup. FWIW.

Boolit Master
    I like things the way they are myself. Not an issue to scan them & see what's available or what's needed.

Boolit Master

I'm fine the way it is, change it and you risk it becoming a mess the way the shotgun section is now. I wish that had been left alone.

Boolit Master
    I like it just fine the way it is. Most of what I sell is stuff I no longer use or need. Seems like there’s lots of people who can use it and I’d rather sell it for a fraction of what I paid than just throw it away. There’s lots of people buying stuff because they can’t get it in stores or on line. I don’t see any problem with the current set-up.

Boolit Master
    every individual is different just as every ad is different. ive responded to some WTB ads and sometimes it mutually helpful and other times the person that posted the ad never bothers to respond, and some might place a WTB ad looking for some very hard to find items or maybe thinking they can save a boatload of money trying to buy stuff that another shooter no longer uses or values, its a mixed bag, just like the section. just as anyone in good standing can sell off brass they pickup at the public range for some extra pocket change. just my opinion is let the Vbulletin programmers and moderators do what they think is best.
    if you dont like it, program your own vbulletin, or PHPBB or whatever web site and set it up the way you see fit.

Boolit Master
    I don't have any problems with the way the forum is run, no one is forcing us to be here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    if you dont like it, program your own vbulletin, or PHPBB or whatever web site and set it up the way you see fit.
    Thank you for that constructive insight. I'm not talking about another forum (which I already have) I'm talking about this place.

Obviously mine is the minority opinion. Carry on, I'll go back to wallflower status. Mods, you can close this thread.
    You can read all the stuff online, in the magazines and in books and buy into the hypothesis but if you don't actually load up and test them then you know nothing until you do.

Boolit Master
    I guess what I'm saying is that we are fortunate to have what we have and me., I'm grateful.
    other forums are set up the same way as this one, such as accurateshooter which is another site I have great respect for, although they have a few sections for different kinds of stuff but the WTB and WTS and WTT are all bunched together

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Better hope this site is never sold out to a big media corporation, We will get adversative to death, Censored like other sites that have been sold off.
    You members on other boards know the ones going downhill.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I think that's why we now have to head them WTB/WTS/WTT in the Swapping and Selling section . It's so they are all in one place to buy , sell , or trade .

I personally use the new post filter/search button under my name in the upper right corner ......1700 new posts a day can be scary but often it's 10-25 new post in a single thread so not so scary that way .

Really the old stickies ? They made the cut to be there for a reason maybe useless information for the guy that read them 10 years and has cast 7 tons of lead and sent 13,986 pounds down range from his original 286 lbs of WW but pretty helpful for new guys .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Moderator Emeritus

It is rare that I ever see a WTB ad and think "I have, that should I sell?" If I have an item to sell it is again rare that I Look first for a WTB ad. i would also like to see them separated.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    The board has too many sub forums as it is. What I’d like to see go are some of the 10 year old stickies.
    Stickies may be old but many contain data that is still relevant today. I use the cooking forum a lot and have a couple stickies I asked for that come in handy. One is the forum cookbook recipe sticky. When it hits enough recipes I am going to compile it in a PDF format and make it available free to members. LOT of excellent recipes have been posted!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Cant suit everybody, so suit yourself, you 'll be farther ahead and less stressed. Just happy we have this place to share and learn and not be heckled by the anti gun groups.

Moderator Emeritus

OH MY ...ME TOO !
    My finger gets all cramped up and exhausted, scrolling through all the threads I don't want to see.
    Can the Mods just delete all the posts/threads I don't want to see?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast