Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas pro has lost there mind

Boolit Master

Cabelas pro has lost there mind

Just was on cabelas website not only are they double retail price on starline brass they are requiring 22.00 hazmat in addition to regular shipping for brass purchases. Now I full understand somethings were hard to get but stuff like this dosen't help much now that material is starting to flow.

Boolit Buddy
    Had previously purchased a lot through cabelas before purchased, now not so much. No more deals

Boolit Master

Hazmat on brass? I recently stopped in to the local Bass Pro most likely for the last time ever.

The 'Suspender boys" are now in upper management.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

The YARVARD MBA's (Yarvard is the Harvard, Yale, and other Poison Ivy League universities) see business as purchasing and controlling corporations, paying the upper echelon's including themselves out of orbit salaries and stock compensation diluting the Stockholders shares, pumping up the stock by "Creative Financing", then when the musical chairs are about to stop - they do a Fire Sale or creative Bankruptcy as they bail with their gains.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    It hasn't been Cabela's for years now. I hate Bass

If they do fold some of those stores could be 1-200 Yard Indoor Ranges.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    cabelas has been mostly worthless since they were overtaken by bass pro. used to go to the Hamburg pa store a few times a year. have not been there in more than a year. last time bought a flannel shirt, nearly 30.00, can buy the same thing at wally world for 7.00. all junk
    Barry

Boolit Master
    I have a gift card from there. They never have what I want/need, as well as having worse customer service than before.
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Boolit Master
    I was in bass pro a couple weeks back. Spp $28.00 per 100! That’s right per 100! I asked the guy behind the counter if I got a kiss with them. He looked at me funny, I guess he didn’t know what I meant! I laughed and walked out.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    I have a gift card from there. They never have what I want/need, as well as having worse customer service than before.
    Know the feeling I've got 250 in points and can't find anything to burn them off on so I can shred the card.

Boolit Buddy
    Cabelas is the WalMart of the sports world. Prices and selection are very deceiving!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Bub
    Cabelas went to hell in a hand basket when they sold out that’s my opinion

Boolit Buddy

They definitely went downhill after going publicly traded and a shark screwed up their credit card. It got worse after that. It used to be a nice road trip from Omaha to Kearney store before turkey and deer seasons. Kearney was the only store at that time.
    I'm planning on using my points and gift card up this spring.

Last time in BPS ( original Springfield,MO store) was shocked had lots of ammo but $700. per K on .223 bulk FMJ & $129. per thousand srp just before Christmas ???! Saw several firearm transactions going on but again should have been an official kisser person at the checkout counter but must have been their day off...
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Boolit Master
    Don't get me started on bass pro. The last time I was in there Ashland store the jerk behind the counter wouldn't flip over the price tag on a antique savage rifle so I could read it because I was not logged into "THE SYSTEM". Yea what a joke the system just another way they can delay or eliminate the need for customer service. These guys are definitely earning there 8.25 an hour.

Boolit Master
    I was in the Post Falls Cabelas on Friday and the had no primers or powders and only 1 revolver, but oh the semiautomatic pistols!
    Evan the exotic Gun Library had basically only shotguns available;no bolt actions, lever actions or revolvers!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Unfortunately have to agree. They started going downhill before the Bass Pro takeover and that only sped up the decline.

Boolit Buddy
    When the Cabela brothers started stepping away from day to day operations the decline began. Most folks don’t realize how most of the stores are/were financed or they would patronize them much less. With less competition in the the shooting sports world quality has declined and prices have increased. Through my eyes were just 15-20 years behind and the increases are going to be much higher especially when considering what inflation is going to do.

I still shop at Cabelas. I live 5 minutes away from one. Just bought a brick of Federal Large Rifle Magnum primers there last week for $85. Which is higher than they should be but way cheaper than I can find them online after I pay shipping and hazmat. In fact I haven't seen any for a long time anywhere else so I grabbed them. Their prices are all over the place. Some outright ridiculous, but some that are decent and sometimes downright cheap. I only buy stuff from them that is priced right and ignore the rest.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Grand Master

I bought 2K SRP at $65 per last October in the Christiana Delaware store. Not cheap, but well below the Gun Broker extortionists. Cabela’s is like any shop. Buy what you are willing to pay for and walk away from everything else.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks