Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's watching the SuperBowl?

Boolit Master

Who's watching the SuperBowl?

I like watching football, but after the politicizing of it by the NFL, I think I have watched one game this season.

Then I heard who was going to be playing this year and decided it wasn't worth it.

The commercials haven't been good for years due to wokeness and the polarization of America. The half-time shows are ridiculous and annoying, and this year it is in L.A.

But, my dad just had surgery on his foot and said he's going to watch it alone since there will be nothing else to do tomorrow. So, I'm making queso cheese/hamburger dip and headed over to drink a couple of beers and keep the old man happy. Might do some shooting before the game.

Growing up, the SuperBowl was like a holiday in my family. Friends and relatives would gather, eat lots of delicious food and snacks, drink beer, and laugh and cheer with each other and the rest of America. Then the next day at work, people would all talk about the best commercial and the outcome of the game.

Seems that is gone these days. Sad to think about it. Anyone else feel the same way?
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I thought it was last week.
    Oh well.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy

If I wanted to watch somebody fight over a ball, I visit my son and watch his dogs GW

Boolit Master
    When is it on?

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    We haven't watched a NFL game this season, but we'll watch the SB to see the funny commercials (if they produce any). Sometimes the commercials are great, sometimes they're a letdown. But it's going to be cold here. Might as well prime some brass and watch tv.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

What is this super bowel you folks are talking about here? Sounds unhealthy.

Idaho45guy, I'd go watch tv with pops no matter what nonsense he has blathering out of the tv.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Bub
    It will be on in the background but doubt I watch more than 5 minutes total. Commercials will get more of my viewing time

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=MostlyLeverGuns;5354611]When is it on
    yep

Boolit Master

I gave watching professional "sports" back in the 1980's. The Players used to be the Hero's to every boy in America. Then came inflated salaries and excessive drug use.
    Don't want to watch people who's bad behavior is rewarded by idiots.

They are no longer examples to kids.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

I'm going to spend the evening with Lt. Colonel Henry Patterson D.S.O. and the Man eaters of Tsavo. Nothing like a good book and a cat for your lap for peace and quiet.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    I'm going to spend the evening with Lt. Colonel Henry Patterson D.S.O. and the Man eaters of Tsavo. Nothing like a good book and a cat for your lap for peace and quiet.
    I just borrowed that book from my dad!

You can see it in the background on my counter...

Attachment 296179
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    After they made it stupid political, I gave up. Now I couldn't care less.

Boolit Master
    I won't be watching. I have watched two or three in my life only because of being invited to the inlaws for super bowl day and that is what they had on the tv.

Haven’t watched that junk in years and won’t start tomorrow.

Boolit Grand Master

Haven't watched a single pro sports game since they started the kneeing. A couple of times I've been at friend's houses when it was on. I ignored it as much as possible.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 02-13-2022 at 12:18 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Won't waste my time.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Haven't watched a single pro sports game since they started the kneeing. A couple of times I've been at friend's houses when it was on. I ignored it as much as possible.
    This is what I don't get...

My dad was going to watch the Superbowl with or without me. He has cable and his cable company will see that he is tuned into the SB and will count him as one household that has decided to watch.

Now, it doesn't matter if I decided to go over and watch it or not. He will count as a viewer, which will affect viewership statistics, even if I show up and close my eyes and plug my ears and chant "I hate the NFL" over and over while stomping my feet.

My actions have no bearing on reality or ratings.

Same as yours. If it was on at a friend's house, then his tuning in counts as a viewership, even if you tried to ignore it. You could walk out, stomp your feet, and plug your ears and it still has no effect on ratings.

So why ignore it? If it's on, and you like watching football, then watch it. I don't have cable, so I don't count. The only game I've watched was a Packers game at my dad's place, and that was because he was watching it. I saw no point in ignoring it or stomping my feet and pretending it wasn't on. The statistical damage was already done.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post

So why ignore it?
    That is easy. They have become anti-American Chinese prostitutes that I have ZERO interest in watching. Their house their rules and it's not my placed to make an issue out of it. I am not interested in it so why would I pay attention to it? No different than when I am visiting someone and they have Square Pants Bob on for the kids. Why would I watch or pay attention to something I am not interested in?

I have nothing against pro golf but I also have zero interest in it. If it's on I don't watch it for the same reason I don't the NFL. ZERO interest. In the case of NFL the reason for zero interest on my part is due to their actions causing me to lose interest.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 02-13-2022 at 01:09 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have NEVER watched that stupid game........EVER...... and I sure do not plan to start this year. With the stupid foul-mouthed lame-brain rappers as the 1/2-time entertainers, it will not be fit for anyone to watch, especially young children!

Moderator Emeritus

My 12 yr old Grandson absolutely lives for football. We will have it on and party with him. I believe the only reason the NFL prospers is because of the betting industry but will sit there next to him with a good book.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast