Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Price for a 5 gallon bucket of mixed wheel weights.

Boolit Master
    I just recently paid $.50 lb. for 1500 lbs. of wheel weights. Lead percentage was 100%. This was a deal of a lifetime and these things NEVER happen to me but it was a right place, right time type of thing. Took 40 years for it to happen! A young man had bought out an estate of a deceased reloader and this was just part of what he got. I also bought a lot of linotype and tin. Like has been said, it is out there, you just need to be diligent. If I die in the next few years my wife will surely be doing the same thing with a couple tons of lead. Although I have told her to be SURE she checks values before selling guns and supplies. I told her, " Do NOT sell it for what I told you I paid for it!!!!!! It may sound morbid but I think the average age of us casters on here is close to 70? You younger guys just need to keep your eyes open. LOL.

Boolit Master

I think you did good. I normally pay 33 cents a lb for mixed wheel weights from the scrap yard. Most often 30-50% lead. They buy the sorted scrap back for 16 cents a pound. I just keep doing that until i used up all the money I allocated for lead. I also do the math to se how much the lead cost me. As long as I am pay less than 80 cents a lb of clean lead, i call it a deal. Because if i were to buy it from a member here or on-line it would be 1$ a pound or more and thats without shipping. So anything less than a dollar a lb is money saved. There is big difference in price of reclaiming 300 lbs of lead than odering it,
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12