Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MidwayUSA COMES THROUGH AGAIN

Boolit Master
    I've not had any trouble with Midway shipping other one order that must have been packaged by a 10 year old kid. I bought 20 of the Remington 22LR cartons with 500 rounds per carton. They put this bunch of ammo boxes in one large box that was about twice as large as it needed to be so there was A LOT of room for everything to roll and flop around. Then they put a minimum of the green air bags on top of the ammo and taped it shut. If I recall correctly total weight was somewhere around 50 lbs and anybody should know that requires some significant packaging to stand up to all the handling. And you certainly can't leave an object that heavy loose to shift around inside a cardboard box. When I found it on my front porch the whole corner was gone and had been sort of patched with shipping tape by someone in UPS I'm assuming. Several boxes of ammo inside had burst open and ammo was rolling all around loose. I have no idea how many spilled out along the way. I should have called and complained but for some reason I didn't. Other than that I've been happy with Midway over the years.

Boolit Master

Got this from Midway today. Can’t remember the last time I got such detailed information from a CEO. I’ve ordered from them probably a dozen times over the years with nary a problem. Hope they keep it up!

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thanks to you, we’ve experienced tremendous growth in our business volume and number of products we offer. A couple of years ago, we projected we’d soon be out of space, so we started the largest project in company history. We’re now in the final stages of moving our Distribution Center about 5-miles down the road to a new facility, just west of Columbia, MO.

Our new Distribution Center is 400,000 square feet, with plenty of room for expansion. The unique new NITRO Express® Shipping System we’re installing consists of brand-new state-of-the-art equipment. This new system will be faster, more accurate and more efficient than our previous system.

The conveyor and product storage/retrieval speed will allow us to receive and ship products faster, meaning we’ll get products in stock quicker and your orders will arrive sooner. Increased accuracy comes from precisely picking every order and verifying the correct weight with a high-tech scale to ensure no mistakes were made. Increased efficiency comes from custom building precisely sized cartons for each order, reducing the average box size by over 30%, meaning there is less room for products to shift in transit and become damaged. The remaining area (void) in the cartons is filled with one of three different types of materials, depending on the characteristics of each order, resulting in intact deliveries. We’re building the best package possible – extremely accurate, efficient, and durable!

We’ll be completely done with our inventory and operational transition in about 2-weeks. During that time, your order may take a few days longer than normal and we’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

I hope you enjoy the results of our new NITRO Express® Shipping System. Thanks so much for being a valued MidwayUSA Customer!

Matt Fleming,
    President & CEO

Boolit Master
    I emailed Mr. Matt over a recent order and was replied to by a lackey explaining how he was helping out Mr. Matt in him answering the reply. In my correspondence I even stated I know if I have a problem and that I can call and a new extremely poorly packaged duplicate will be sent as fast as you can, because Larry's a stickler for fast ship. So here I will sit waiting hopefully just another week or so and becoming more irritated by the situation. I have ran and operated a few things in my sixty years and I also asked a question. I asked that not knowing your numbers I was curious if anyone at the big oval table had seen a cost run of man hour, item replacement cost, shipping material and a transportation cost duplication metric with all cost and where it was absorbed? That one appears to have been ignored! Understanding that ALL forms of item transport has become a sport of how hard and fast can we throw it but it seems to this layman the losses could be drastically reduced with a little more stuffing and tape.

I used Midway a lot over the years and have been very pleased with them. I've got pretty much all I need (and most of what I want) so don't use them much now but I wouldn't hesitate to if needed.

I have had very good luck with Midway over the years. However I have had heavy items loose with plastic cases that didn't have any packing material. So the plastic cartridge cases were badly damaged.

Boolit Master

That might be a blessing at my house. My mailbox is mounted in a field stone pedestal. In the summer, a garter snake moves in. Substitute mail lady opened it one day and got a surprise. Came to the house in a panic. "You got a snake in your box". Sprayed it with diesel and he left. Solven might do the trick too./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Buddy
    I've been doing business with MidwayUSA for close to 20 years. I've never had a problem with an order from them.
    I have had a few problems with Fedex, UPS and USPS mishandling and even misdelivering orders, and not just stuff from Midway.
    Got one driver that tends to leave packages on the hood of my Jeep or tossed into the bed of my pickup. I've found packages leaned up in front of a shed beside my shop building. It would have been closer to walk to the front door.
    Last Spring I had ordered some marine anti-fouling paint for my sailboat. First box showed up on the front porch, I could smell the paint 10' away, I was amazed it didn't leak out of the box. I was finally able to get two intact gallon cans of paint on the third shipping attempt, the second try never even got to the house.

Boolit Master
    Well I just gave then another chance. Hope it goes well.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

[QUOTE=Outer Rondacker;5373755]Well I just gave then another chance. Hope it goes well.[/QUOT

I hope it does too. I've been giving them 1 more chance for 30 + yrs and have the empty pockets to prove it!!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Order arrival last Friday, white plastic envelope pouch with little tiny bubbles again. Two of the four items had factory packaging squish but lucky I guess no internal damage. I like to keep some items in original packaging for identification, is that a bad thing? I think I am going to spend a little more time shopping around next time!

I have another order from MidwayUSA coming two days from now, and I expect it will be like the others - in good condition. In 20+ years of ordering from there I had one case where a bottle of Hoppes broke open and soaked come contents. Midway made it right.

Boolit Master
    My Midway order showed its ugly face today. Came in a white plastic envelope pouch and that was it. I had ordered two six banger Lee molds. One had popped out of the box and come came apart. The one that stayed in the box was a return and had been messed with. Looks fine so whatever. I called them and they gave me a line about having to move to a new place and not having what they needed to pack stuff up. I asked why they shipped that way and they told me to save money. It is what it is. I guess I should be happy it even showed up.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    I have been buying from Midway sense the news paper catalog days never had a problem with them. Most problems are the shippers and the 500 pound gorillas they have working for them. I don’t like the stupid little air bags though.

Boolit Master
    I have always gotten my orders from Midway, granted some took a few weeks to get here a couple years ago. I have had many issues with the huge boxes with no packaging inside and the contents self destroying itself. They have always made good on it. I figure they have had to replace as much in money as I have paid over the years due to poor shipping. But now, The prices have jumped a lot more drastically then most of their competitors. I don't know if Larry has retired and someone else is running the show and all of a sudden they decided it is time to get rich quick but the prices have gone up so much so quick that I now go elsewhere for everything that I do not need right away. They still have decent prices on primers and powder but the kicker is the one unit limit. And they will not hold the one unit until the next day or week for you to buy more so you can save on shipping and hazmat, I did ask. So what I am seeing there is they are getting a kickback from the hazmat charges on this. Ever wonder why some people only charge 16.00 for hazmat while others charge 50.00 but they all say it is mandated by the government? The price is not set by anyone, the shipping company charges the hazmat fee to the shipper and if one company is charging 16.00 I will bet that is about the price everyone is paying, regardless of what they are charging us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12