Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: WC 732 powder???

Boolit Buddy

WC 732 powder???

hello,
    i recently bought an 8lb just of this mil-surp powder from American Reloading. intending to use for 5.56 with a 55gr & 62gr
    bullet. label says 26gr under a 55gr bullet. also, they gave me a starting load for each bullet which is about 10-15% lower than 26grs. all thats fine for me as i intend to use for 5.56.

but because the burn rate charts i`ve seen list it a bit faster than H335 & a tad slower than AA2230...i was wondering if
    it could be used for a 7.62x51 (.308) load. american reloading told me it might be too fast of a powder for the .308.

just wondering if anyone has tried it in .308? if so, just want to know what your results were.

didn`t really want to bother using in .308 if no one has tried.

thank you!

Boolit Master
    They use Win 748 for both 223 and 308. where does this come in on the burn rate chart?

Boolit Buddy
    not sure. i`d have to look. what do you mean "they"? who`s they?

Boolit Master
    The people that distribute Winchester smokeless gun powders, the Hodgdon Powder Company. Hodgdon has this thing call a reloading data center, and when you look up 308 Winchester and click on Win 748 as your powder choice they (Oh excuse me Hodgdon Powder Company) list approved loads in 308winchester with bullets from 150 grain bullets all the way to 215 grain bullets.

Boolit Master
    what does 748 have to do with this powder from American reloading?
    here's my experience with that company. I ordered and paid for some 6.8 90 grain gold dots. what I got was some mystery full metal jacket 115 grain.
    game them one chance with an order, learned my lesson and won't give them another opportunity.
    I see they name the repackaged powder they sell "MP" does that stand for mystery powder?

Boolit Master
    I apologize if anyone is offended by what ive written but it still rips the buttons off my shirt that they had me pay for one thing and sent me something different. they did not try to contact me and ask if the switch was ok or if I wanted refund or anything like that.

Boolit Buddy
    no apologies necessary, i ve been ripped before too( but not this co. so far)
    anyhow, Ebb, i just looked up the burn rate of win748 (seems its the same as wc748) & its burn rate
    is way slower than wc732. its really close to h49895.

Moderator Emeritus

With non canister propellants you cannot always transfer behavior from canister propellants and make them similar. Because powder XYZ commercial works well in both 223 class and in 308 based cartridges with medium weight bullets, doesn't mean that non canister powders will do the same.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    i knew that when i bought my first jug of milsurp (846) a long time ago. just puzzles me that 732 has not showed up
    before on load charts and such. CBC has 732 listed as a propellant for their 77gr ammo boxes.