WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Ramshot Tac Rifle Powder

Boolit Buddy

Ramshot Tac Rifle Powder

I am wondering if ramshot tac rifle powder is any good. I have seen it listed on powder valley on and off for a while. I load mostly for the 308 win. any thoughts thanks rrh

Boolit Master

Haven’t tried it myself, but it shows some of the highest listed velocities in 358 win. I’ve heard reports of excessive muzzle flash/concussion.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have used it in 308 and 22 br. Couldn't say about flash/concussion though

One of the go to powders for 223. It works great in those, and meters well so it's good to use with a Dillon for high volume reloading.

Boolit Master
    I use alot of the stuff in mine, an my buddies 204 . Meters great it is very accurate in the 204.

Boolit Buddy
    I love it in 223.

Boolit Grand Master

I messed up big time when I ordered mine. I ordered mine when it first came out for the introductory price of $69.99 per 8 pounds. I ordered 4 and that is long gone. I wish I had ordered 8 or 12 more. Yes, it works well.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 02-07-2022 at 01:32 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    well I guess now that hodgdon has taken over western powders more folks are realizing that the powders they sell work just as well if not better in some cases then the other more popular brands. no longer the red headed step child in the reloading market.
    tac works great in many applications and there is good reloading data tested by the manufacturer for it.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a pound back when it was the only rifle powder on the shelf at the shop and it quickly become my go-to for .223. I now buy it 8# at a time. Never noticed excessive muzzle flash but my rifles are all running either a brake or can at all times so either way it’s either going to exacerbate the flash or cancel it out completely.

Boolit Master
    TAC works well in a lot of rifles, I use it in 223, 308, 300 Savage, and 358 Win. Burns much cleaner than most ball powders, not leaving the coating behind like 846, Bl-C2 and other sphericals. I used standard large rifle primers, not magnum in the bigger stuff without any problems and good accuracy, CCI450's in the 223. Like most sphericals it measures very accurately with trickling charges a waste of time, not nearly as temperature sensitive as 748 or BL-C2. Good Stuff, have not noticed muzzle flash in 22"/24" barrels or the 223 16"(flash hider).

Boolit Bub
    I began to by it just to have a alternative for .308/.223. Working up a ladder for my M1A with 150 FMJ and military brass I blew a primer and had brass flow into the extractor. Wasn’t near max yet, heed the warnings about military brass and reducing charges. It worked fine at starting to mid level listed loads. Currently using in 7.62x39 with NOE 166 grain Harris boolit. It was great when it was 10-12 bucks less expensive than others, not much anymore. I can post some data with.308 and x39 if needed.

Boolit Master
    It is my go to powder for my 350 Rem mag with 5/8 to 3/4"groups at 100 and 2800 fps with 61 grs and the Sierra 225gr Game King. Meters great and pressure ok.

Boolit Master
    i use it in 223 and 308 great powder ,meters well and clean burning.

Boolit Master
    I tried it with only one bullet in the .308, the 168 Sierra MK and didn't get the accuracy with it that I get with H4895. In the the .223, I've tried TAC with the 68 Hdy. Match bullet and the Sierra 65 GK. In that cartridge, it's been a close second to H4895 in terms of accuracy with both bullets. TAC flows better in a measure than H4895.

Tac works very well in 223, 308 and 358 Win for me, although limited experience in 308. I have some older BL-c2 that is more accurate in the 308 and 223 but it is dirty. The TAC loads in all 3 calibers I've tried are the cleanest of any powder I've tried. No flash and certainly less than BL-c2 which flashes a lot. In my Ruger 77 MKII 223 I shot 50 rounds through it without cleaning it and the accuracy never fell off and the velocities were consistent all the way through. Primers were CCI std. When I cleaned the rifle, it took about 10 strokes with a nylon brush and 4 or 5 patches-done. It is good stuff-buy it if you can find it.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

I picked up 8 lbs last week. $269.99. Except for the price I can't say enough good thing about it. It shoots bughole groups in every .223 I own, in weight ranges from 45 gr. to 69 grs.

It is great stuff. I use it with Speer Hot-Cor in various weights: 165g, 180, and 200g. It’s easy to measure out, and I’ve been getting my best results with it. For my money, I’ll be shooting Ram TAC from now on out of my Savage.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The psychologist said I’m normal, and gave me paperwork to prove it.