Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10mm question

Boolit Buddy

10mm question

I have a Springfield XDM 5.25 in 10mm.. I have a Mihec 401-165 HP a Lee 401-175 TL I was wanting another heavier mold for the 10mm I was looking at this…. Do I need it? Will I really see an advantage over the Lee 175? Let’s me honest I’m gonna plink and kill whitetail at 40-50 yards or less

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...n-5-cavity-pb/

Does anyone have this mold that can talk to me about it?

Boolit Buddy
    Running what ya have now will suffice.

Boolit Master

That LEE 175TC is a darn fine bullet.
    I agree I see no reason you should "need" more on whitetails.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    What loads does everyone use? I’d like to get 1200fps is that easy?

Boolit Buddy
    Get it to function properly & be accurate FIRST ! My buddy turned my Custom Shop 40 S&W da/sa auto pistol into a real shooter w a 165 grain lee cast bullet & 5.5 grains of Unique powder. I couldn't care less about the FPS of that load. unclemikeinct
    Last edited by unclemikeinct; 02-06-2022 at 03:49 AM. Reason: add to

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemikeinct View Post
    Get it to function properly & be accurate FIRST ! My buddy turned my Custom Shop 40 S&W da/sa auto pistol into a real shooter w a 165 grain lee cast bullet & 5.5 grains of Unique powder. I couldn't care less about the FPS of that load. unclemikeinct
    I understand not caring about velocity but I bought a 10 MM for a reason I don’t wanna be shooting 40 SW out of my 10 MM when I already have a 40 SW I bought my 40 SW for a reason. I bought my 10 MM for a reason I bought my 380 for a reason and I bought my 32 ACP for a reason I’m not trying to be mean and I hope it doesn’t come out that way I’m just trying to get some knowledge from people who are a heck of a lot smarter than me I would really like to stretch the legs of this 10 MM and see what the gun and white I am capable ofClick image for larger version. 

Name:	02FA663F-B468-4DD1-B4C0-8F9FAA805228.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	295893

I’ve got a wall full of pistols(8 more in the house for Home defense)

But I would really try to figure this 10mm out I’d like a solid 10mm load with the Lee 175 if that’s possible

Boolit Buddy
    I purchased one during the MP mold group buys. With the deep HP I get 185gr and the cup HP comes in around 190 grains with velocities of 1325 and 1250 respectively. This is with a with a 6" KKM barrel. Seems like the heavier bullet and longshot powder make the 10mm really shine however the deer seem to hide from me and that pistol. I think you'll like a little heavier bullet if you give it a shot.

Boolit Buddy
    Some cool pieces on that wall! I especially like the Nambu. I’ve always wanted to shoot one of those.

Boolit Buddy
    WinchesterM1: U R not being mean. I get tons of ribbing from my buds about that fancy custom S&W 40 cal. "Short n Weak". But now it shoots groups & it is faster on the Texas rotating star wheel target than it had ever been. I only use mid range cast loads in my Fav 44mag revolver too. Get that puppy to shoot it's best then step up the speed. uncle mike https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D88sRf1Y5Jw&t=3s
    Last edited by unclemikeinct; 02-07-2022 at 03:37 AM. Reason: add to

Boolit Master
    There is a 10mm load on Alliant's reloading page, for a 180 gr. JHP, using Blue Dot, that clocked at over 1250 f/s. I would think that you could certainly approach, if not exceed that, with your 175s. Such a load will DEFINITELY NOT be confused with any .40 S&W round.
    Note that 1250-1300 f/s with a 175 gr. SWC somewhat exceeds what the .38-40 cartridge did from a 20" barrel (180 gr. @ 1160 f/s). Even with its relatively anemic load, the .38-40 harvested its share of deer, back in the day.
    Last edited by Kosh75287; 02-07-2022 at 03:43 PM.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Buddy
    I have both the Lee and the NOE. I bought the NOE due to the wider meplat for critters. Longshot will be your friend with the heavies in 10mm. With that said the Lee is a great shooting boolit and I have put thousands down range. I got the 10MM to increase the horsepower over the .40sw like you. Bull Moose is nothing to play with.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Some cool pieces on that wall! I especially like the Nambu. I’ve always wanted to shoot one of those.
    Thank you!! I got that Nambu from a vet from WW2 it’s kinda a gruesome story but a reality of war

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WinchesterM1 View Post
    What loads does everyone use? I’d like to get 1200fps is that easy?
    I have pushed that 175 tc to nearly 1400 in a 6" KKM with Power Pistol.

1250 /175 is CAKE... My 200g Slick side is 1200+ also with PP.

Start low work up measuring case head expansion. Easy peasy PP is a very forgiving powder for me.

CW

Boolit Master
    Have the same MP 165 grain mold with all the pins and skipped over the 180 class of bullet and went to the MP 200 for a heavy. Runs 1210-1260 depending on the gun with Longshot powder... Decided that a 220 just wasn't needed.

The SD of the 200 grain .40 is the same as a 210 .41...a 210 .41 will shoot through most anything and from a 4" barrel revolver the velocity is the same as a 5" 1911 10mm with a 200...

Bob

Boolit Bub
    I run 180 TC cast in my guns with 8.8gr longshot and they are clocking 1275 fps avg and very accurate. That's my plinking load. I run 200gr gold dots with longshot at 1200fps for my carry load.

Boolit Grand Master

What in the Sam Hill has Need got to do with getting another boolit mould ... You wont know if you need it unless you try it .
    My advice ... if you have the money and the moulds in stock ...order that bad boy ... Now !
    Tomorrow it may be against the law , double the price or out of stcck ...never to be seen again !
    He who hesitates misses the boat !
    I think you need that 188 gr. mould ... Get It !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Bub
    I have got better accuracy with a 200gr mold than with the lighter two I have.i have the same pistol as you and love it.

Boolit Buddy
    I push a 180 grain j-word at 1178 fps using 10.8 grains of Blue Dot out of my Delta Elite but it really batters the gun and accuracy isn't all that great. I tried for 1200 fps but it was just too hard on the pistol - and wasn't much fun to shoot.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mvintx View Post
    I push a 180 grain j-word at 1178 fps using 10.8 grains of Blue Dot out of my Delta Elite but it really batters the gun and accuracy isn't all that great. I tried for 1200 fps but it was just too hard on the pistol - and wasn't much fun to shoot.
    Its gotten so I dont even shoot my Deltas anymore. But I completely agree heavy loads dont belong in a Delta. Many of these where destroyed with norma loads.

CW

Unless you are saving your Delta hoping that the price goes up. I would just load them with .40 caliber data. I think that's the best thing about the 10 is the huge range of velocity. I was just trying a load that I could use on plate racks and 6.8 of power pistol was surprising soft. So if you still like to shoot them you don't have to shoot max loads

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast