MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Alabama Constitutional Carry

Boolit Grand Master

Alabama Constitutional Carry

Lucky people.
    But how many hoops do you have to jump through????
    If it Constitutional Carry there should be NONE!!!!!
    Sure hope, one day, it will happen here.
    Probably when hell freezes over.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Lucky people.
    But how many hoops do you have to jump through????
    If it Constitutional Carry there should be NONE!!!!!
    Sure hope, one day, it will happen here.
    Probably when hell freezes over.
    I have had the thought/question on issues not excluding this one, as to how much (if any) is for the good of (all) the people -- or, just a "power trip" by insecure persons being (in their minds) bigger by having the authority to regulate/make laws. I've yet to ever hear anyone deny the ability of "the bad guys" (and, I am certain, "guyettes") to obtain firearms -- but, again, I wonder: "How much regulation IS based upon any level of safety for the common good -- OR, for insecure people to make and enforce rules and regulations to make them (in their minds) bigger!
    Other states -- including New York -- are probably with (...when h-- freezes over) -- are not at all dissimilar than yours.

I laugh when the left talks about “common sense gun laws”. Since when does common sense and legislation ever happen or for that matter even accomplish anything . The same people that want to deregulate drugs because it doesn’t work and only creates more violent crime want to either regulate to death or eliminate legal gun ownership. Can you imagine the violent crime and black market if gun ownership was illegal. Did we learn nothing from Prohibition?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I laugh when the left talks about “common sense gun laws”. Since when does common sense and legislation ever happen or for that matter even accomplish anything . The same people that want to deregulate drugs because it doesn’t work and only creates more violent crime want to either regulate to death or eliminate legal gun ownership. Can you imagine the violent crime and black market if gun ownership was illegal. Did we learn nothing from Prohibition?
    Amen Brother !!!

I'll drink to this
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I live in western NY, south of Buffalo. I've had a CCL since 1973. In order to get that license, I've undergone background checks by the local police, the county sherriff's dept., the New York State Police and the FBI. After all of that, I was issued a card with my photo and thumbprint on it that stated "License to Carry Pistol is Hereby Granted". After all of that, NO-ONE, ANYWHERE, will accept this as a legal form of ID. LOL! After all of that, I should be allowed to carry in every single state in this country.....BUT NO!

I am somewhat encouraged by the fact that the list of states that will honor my CCL has grown significantly over the last 30 years, but I'm not gonna' hold my breath for unanimous recognition......I figure that'll happen about the same time that upstate NY declares itself a sovereign state and boots NYC & Long Island out of the family......Yeah, I'm sure that'll happen....
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    I live in western NY, south of Buffalo...

I am somewhat encouraged by the fact that the list of states that will honor my CCL has grown significantly over the last 30 years, but I'm not gonna' hold my breath for unanimous recognition......I figure that'll happen about the same time that upstate NY declares itself a sovereign state and boots NYC & Long Island out of the family......Yeah, I'm sure that'll happen....
    I am happy you wrote you're not holding your breath for this! The entire New York State Population currently is ~ 19.45 million. Re "NYC & Long Island", the region you cited: Suffolk County = 1.48M; Nassau County = 1.36M; Queens = 2.25M; Kings = 2.56m; Manhattan = 1.63m; Richmond = 0.47M; and, Brooklyn = 2.56M.
    Simple addition of all those in this region sum to 12.31 million people. 12.3M is what percentage of the entire state's population? 63.30%!
    Soooo -- those 63% of population just on Long Island and NYC pretty much control EVERYTHING!
    In any sort of a "vote" -- what would your guess be for them to disfranchise themselves from the "rest of state" cash cow they enjoy?

Boolit Grand Master
    We have medical pot here.
    you have to get a doctors note, and carry a card.
    Just an excuse because they couldn't stop people from smoking dope.
    Also have a few pot stores.
    They are not making the money they had hope to.
    Now you can smell it all over the place.
    Mostly parks and shopping centers parking lots.
    Plus many people walking around stink of it.
    It's suppose to be done only at your home.
    But no one cares.
    I'm sure majority of them don't even have a card.
    I've always wondered why they didn't make it only the candy, food and liquid drops.
    Easier to regulate.
    Constitutional Carry is great.
    Might not do it myself, but........

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    I live in western NY, south of Buffalo. I've had a CCL since 1973. In order to get that license, I've undergone background checks by the local police, the county sherriff's dept., the New York State Police and the FBI. After all of that, I was issued a card with my photo and thumbprint on it that stated "License to Carry Pistol is Hereby Granted". After all of that, NO-ONE, ANYWHERE, will accept this as a legal form of ID. LOL! After all of that, I should be allowed to carry in every single state in this country.....BUT NO!

Ohio and Vermont will recognize our permits. Not that we should need them, but they will. I have sheriffs in my county that do not have permits. All their pistols are on the badge.

Congrats Alabama!
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Well... in Nevada we have constitutional open carry-- no permit needed as long as it is out in the open. Only need a permit to conceal.
    Hick: Iron sights!

My .02 on Constitutional Carry in Alabama:

I fear that when my current permit expires (2026) and the current tide of politics goes the other way, it will be extraordinarily more difficult to get another one.

And yes, I live here.
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
    SASS 17373
    Proud Dad of a USAF Airman

Boolit Master
    Our sherriffs were complaining about processing all the carry permit apps. Pretty much a waste of resources.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    Well... in Nevada we have constitutional open carry-- no permit needed as long as it is out in the open. Only need a permit to conceal.
    Was in Vegas a few years back on the main drag. One of those militant Hispanic outfits was having a parade protest on the way to Trump tower. Was happy to see them open carrying as they passed by my vehicle. Was driving my brother's seven series beemer, i smiled at them and they smiled back.

Moderator Emeritus

We are Constitutional Carry here and I also have my CCW here so I can carry in other states that require a license like Virginia which is only 15 minutes away. Maryland really screws me when going to PA as not worth the hassle of unloading, locking up the gun and ammo in separate containers, etc when driving a pickup. They will find a reason to get you so...