Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: unertl 100 mm team spotter in factory box and accesseries worth?

unertl 100 mm team spotter in factory box and accesseries worth?

i have been offered this spotter in ex used condition,lenses ex, i don,t know what to offer for it.

Boolit Grand Master

Those were very popular with the military rifle teams and some state teams. They ate heavy use a heavier tripod and very good for long range work. they are expensive pieces new and on the used market. I dont know what they are bringing anymore though.

They normally seen light use as the coach carried them from line to line ( most got a golf cart to boot). Unlike the individual scopes that the shooter carried with all his gear.

Boolit Master
    Oh, that's old optical stuff, it's quite heavy and hardly anyone does team competitions anymore. And everyone knows modern scopes are lighter, have much better anti-reflective coatings and are far superior to old scopes, right? Even so, just to help you out, I'll give you $50 for it.
    Last edited by 1hole; 01-30-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    look on ebay at Kowa spotting scopes. Then figure they are of almost the same quality as the Unertl

Boolit Buddy
    The last published price on the Team Scope from Unertl was around $3600. I got mine at an auction for $285. Somewhere in between I guess. The awesome thing about the Team Scope is its stability. Wind has far less impact on all that mass and tripod than lighter scope/tripod setups. The downside is the same. Its heavy and awkward. I love it for running hunters sightins because it is stable and I'm able to transit smoothly and easily across numerous banks of targets.

I'd say versatility wise, the Kowa is a better place to put your money but the big Unertl certainly gets style points.

Mine just has the 32X eyepiece, I'd love to find the lower power eyepieces to complete the kit.

Boolit Grand Master

As stated they are too large and heavy for normal use. I had controlled of one for many years. It was part of the Air National Guard's Highpower Rifle teams' equipment list. I have seen them sell for as high a $3,000. I would jump on one for $500 and might go a little more but not much.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

i,m going to offer 7-8 hundred to start and may go to a 1000.00.

i bought it for 1200.00, he found the third eye piece and the papers it came with.

Boolit Buddy
    You will not be disappointed! Everyone will have "Spotting Scope Envy" when you whip that bad boy out! Seriously though, another good thing about this scope is the reduction in fatigue when you have to spend a lot of time on the glass. Its low vibration and bright large image keep eye fatigue down a bit. I don't think you will be disappointed. I'd really like to get a 15X eyepiece for lower light viewing for mine.
    Congrats!