WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Win Model 94AE in .45 Colt

Boolit Mold

Win Model 94AE in .45 Colt

I have a Winchester Model 94AE chambered in .45 Colt. Has lanyard loop and barrel is 16". Does NOT have the cross-bolt safety. Instead, it has a sliding safety on the receiver tang that is Forward = Fire, Rear = Safe. While I am old and don't think a '94 really needs a manual safety, I must admit this is much less annoying than the cross-bolt version. Anyway, my question concerns the value of the little rifle. It is in great shape although I don't have the box. I have been scouting around the internet and can't find one for sale. Any ideas, folks? I've been almost strictly a muzzle loading flintlock shooter for some time now and am out of my league.
    Thanks in advance,
    John

Was going to attach a couple of photos but system will not let me.

Not to be blunt when ask questions of what a firearm is worth, most dealers and sellers will see what COMPLETED auctions on gun broker have been bringing and then average 4 -5 recent auctions. You will simply answer your own question better than anyone here. Remember listing prices with no bids can often be optimistic. Everything is up these days. And it appears leverguns maybe more. Cowboy action ( SASS) is up a bit these days as well although they need 10 rounds in the tube for that sport. So what the heck…..$800-$1000.

Saddle ring not a lanyard loop. Check GB completed sales for clues.^^^

Boolit Mold
    smkummer - Thank you for your reply. I did a pretty extensive search over several days on Gunbroker, Armslist, Texas Gun Trader, etc. I found a few with the crossbolt safety but none with the safety on the tang.
    Thanks again,
    John

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Saddle ring not a lanyard loop. Check GB completed sales for clues.^^^
    Thank you for correcting me.

Boolit Master
    16" barreled winchesters are usually considered "trapper" models. a saddle ring trapper Winchester brings top dollar on the auctions I've watched recently. I posted something about this a few weeks back where I watched one post 64 built after olin takeover in new haven, chambered in 30-30 bid up past $1500. if it is a late model one made in Japan it would probably sell new for at least $1000 if you could find one. the tang safety is much more desirable than the big indentation cross bolt safety design. every one of the winchesters I have seen built by miroku has been a finely crafted gun. I would think it would most likely get auctioned up to $1000-$1200 maybe even more if photographed well and started bidding at $0.01 from what ive seen on gun broker lately.
    a quick search shows one with the less desirable cross bolt safety bid is currently $1125, 31 bids so there is quite some interest for such a gun.
    Last edited by farmbif; 01-23-2022 at 07:53 PM.