Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Marlin 336 .35 Rem

Boolit Mold

Marlin 336 .35 Rem

Is $300 a good price to pay for a Marlin 336 .35 Rem manufactured in 1954? The rifle is in about 95% condition. Just has a few light wear marks from normal hand holding during use.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadBuster View Post
    Is $300 a good price to pay for a Marlin 336 .35 Rem manufactured in 1954? The rifle is in about 95% condition. Just has a few light wear marks from normal hand holding during use.
    I've seen them--newer ones--for sale for a lot more than that, and probably not in 95 percent condition, either. The rifle you're looking at may pre-date microgroove barrels. If it were me, I'd pay the $300 and walk away happy, assuming that it is in the sort of shape that you've described. That should be a great little deer rifle, with 200 gr RCBS gaschecked cast bullets, or with Ranchdog's 190 grainers.

Boolit Master

Yep. . Let me know if you don't want it.

Boolit Master

And Hey Welcome to Cast Boolits too!

Boolit Master
    I have a pre-Microgroove Marlin 336A in 35 remington and bought it just for shooting cast bullets. Buy it... You'll like it.

John

In Remebrance

IIRC I paid $375.00 for my 1952 336SC 35 Rem. Worth every penny too!

Welcome aboard!

Boolit Master
    Lets see I got a circa 1952 336SC in 35 REM about 5 years ago thats 95% for $250 in northeastern Pennsylvania !

About a month after that I bought a brand new Marlin 336D which is also 35 REM for $450 .

A little over a year ago I bought a new 336XLR in 35 REM and that one was $625 . And finally I purchased a nice used 336D about 6 months ago for $400 .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Of all the guns I have sold over the years and should have kept, my Marlin 336 35 Remmy is right near the top of the list of "should have kept". Buy it, you'll love it!
    lathesmith

Boolit Master
    Wish I could find one such as you describe for that price.
    Remember, it is always easier to get forgiveness than permission.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Boolit Mold
    Thank you for the posts and the welcomes. I guess now I can honestly tell my wife that it followed me home at a very reasonable price and that it should be considered an investment. Maybe she will believe that story this time. It failed me a few times in the past. I just can not quit buying firearms. Is it a disease?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LeadBuster View Post
    Thank you for the posts and the welcomes. I guess now I can honestly tell my wife that it followed me home at a very reasonable price and that it should be considered an investment. Maybe she will believe that story this time. It failed me a few times in the past. I just can not quit buying firearms. Is it a disease?
    YES it is a disease, and the only cure would be for you to sell that Remy to me [at a profit of course] cause I am uncureable.
    LARRY

Boolit Master
    35 remington's marlins are unobtainium here in louisiana. In 12 years since I've been down here have not seen one, nope nada,zilch. 30-30's abound, the odd 32 specials once in awhile. When I lived in new york no problem finding one either used or on the dealers shelves new in the box. Down here if it don't breathe fire and bellow smoke no one wants any. Take your latest version of the remchesterby. Put them on the shelf and they sell like hotcakes. Deer down here aren't as big due to the mast and food on the ground. Yeah you'll see big ones every so often, but that means he's a smart one and has been around for awhile. You don't need 3000fps or 3000fpe to kill deer. The oldies do it quietly as they have been doing for many years.
    Sorry for the rant, I'll be a good boy now. Frank