Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Picked up 2 nice rifles yesterday.

Boolit Master

Picked up 2 nice rifles yesterday.

Me and a buddy went on a 5 hour road trip, hitting several different gun shops in several different counties. At the 2nd one, I happened up on 96 Swedish Mauser, that had the stock sanded down and a nice tung oil finish hand rubbed on it. It also had the bolt bent, and drilled and tapped, with Burris Zee rings and a Timney saftey added to the bolt. Someone had also polished the trigger and it broke at #3.5 after taking up the 2 stage. Guy came off of the price about $50, so i brought it home. At the last stop we made before returning home, I found a O3A3, that had been put into a Fajen stock, a Timney deluxe trigger with a 700 Rem type side saftey on it. The action had been drilled and tapped, the bolt bent an poished, and the bolt body had been jeweled. The stock had not been sanded down much, an needs thinning quite a bit, and a better oil finish put on it, looks like about 2 coats of linseed oil, that the stock had about soaked up. The parkerizing looked new, dark grey, and the little light bulb that rests between my ears came on. I was 90% sure It was one I had redone for a feller, maybe 30 years ago, I had replaced the barrel, drilled and tapped it, and did the bolt work, the guy was doing the bedding and the stock work. I hated to do it, cause it was a Winchester, and if I didnt do it, some Bubba was going to. I looked at the price, and all the gun needed was some optics to shoot, it was price $400, I offered him $300 in effort to get the ball rolling, and he asked me was that cash? I told him it was and we had the deal done, $300 out the door. When i got home I took the stock off, and their under the barrel was my initials stamped, SK, 90, the year s had done the work. Never know what will come up, and the older guy tyhat had done the work had recently passed away, probably had left them to his family and they sold them cheap, for some quick money. i plan on making this a cast bullet gun, as the bore is practically new. Just thought I would share.

It never ceases to amaze me, how small a world we live in.
    Congratulations on the fun find and thanks for the story.

Cool.
    Yeah, if you bought it for $300, the family member that sold it probably got around $200.

I had a tricked, out and until I got it- unfired Remington 03-A3 that had been sporterized and stocked
    by Fajen in the 50s that I gave to my sister & BIL rather than know it would end up like that one after I'm gone.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Ive traded for the same Ruger Mark1 22 at least 3 times, over the past 30 yrs. I keep finding the serial number in my log book. This time...Im NOT going to be trading it off ever again. Im not sure I could stand the surprise if it happened again.... lol

My buddy had a Ruger MKII Government Model that I really liked and lusted after for years but life moved on then one day I'm in my local shop and there's one for a decent price so I bought it. About 2-3 years later my friend sold it to another friend where I worked, he didn't like it after he shot it a few times so we did some trading and after a bunch of years it found it's way to me. Still have both of em and expect they'll go to my sons.

You get all the neat stuff! Send me some pictures if you get a chance. A couple of my sporters from military guns are owned by neighbors and they just laugh when I offer to buy them back.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

i bought a MK1 springfield 3006 and 5-6 ak-ar magizines for 100.00 at a flea market last fall. the rifle#1140998 with a 1-20 dated mint bore barrel with williams peep sight and a bad bubba job on the stock. i was offered more for the original MK action parts than i paid for the rifle and magizines. with my target reloads it shoots moa at 100 yards.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1204.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	296579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1205.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	296580