Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mauser cocking piece question

Mauser cocking piece question

Been doing some searching but finding different answers. Will a Swedish 94 Mauser cocking piece work on a 93 Mauser?

Banned

Have you tried it?

Boolit Master
    Looking...
    Edit; Darn it... I was sure I had a Danish crown marked cocking piece... But... Cannot locate the thing...Could be someone needed it...
    Try it, as said.. I would assemble and look carefully in Cocked and Uncocked position... You will know..
    Last edited by racepres; 01-02-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Crossing parts between same model Mausers can be tricky, much less between different models of Mausers. If I had both. I'd see- but I only have a 93.
    I would think that if it did work, we'd have seen it or read about it by now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    Have you tried it?
    Not yet. Can fine new 94's but not much luck with finding a good 93

Boolit Master
    Just replacing the cocking piece on a '93 or '95 with a "new/old stock" surplus one, I sometimes have to lap the firing pin to the cocking piece to get it to rotate correctly. In photographs the lugs on a '96 firing pin don't quite look the same as the ones on a 93/95 firing pin, plus the shank at the rear of a 96 firing pin is longer. This doesn't mean that it won't work, it just means that they look a little different. I own some 93's, 94, & 95 Mauser's, but not a 96, so I can't tell you for sure. Here's a link to a comparison between Mauser types:
    http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catal...reference.html

Boolit Master
    "Can fine new 94's but not much luck with finding a good 93"
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/5130
    https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=50

Sent a 1891 bolt to a gunsmith in 2016 to have it bent. Got excuses for a couple years and nothing since. Had another bolt body for a 1891 that was within .0005" of the original bolt for headspace so using that and 1896 shround,firing pin,cocking pice and safety the gun is back in business. The cocking piece did have to be fitted as otherwise the safety just flopped around.

Just a thought, the 94 Brazilian is like a 93/95 and the 94 Swedish is the same as the 96/38 Swedish. The Swedish cocking piece sure makes uncocking without dry firing easy- like the knob on a Springfield (Krag or 03).

Maybe I will order a 94 cocking piece and see. May have to get a 94 firing pin to fit the cocking piece

Are you needing a 93 cocking piece? Am I understanding right?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Are you needing a 93 cocking piece? Am I understanding right?

Yes, but finding one in good condition is another thing. But pretty sure a 94 will work

Boolit Buddy
    All day long a 94/96 Swedish cocking piece will fit a 93,94,95 mauser firing pin. With the caveat that sometimes a 93 cocking piece won't fit a 93 firing pin! Also, as can be seen in pic, there are differences that will require a bit of grinding to make the safety work. If you should continue replacing parts like the sear, all the Swedish NOS I've got have more height to the actual sear than what I've found with 93's even to the point of putting them with a stone in the mill when fitting them to an actual Swede. Too, getting a 94 firing pin will need a mod as they are shorter in the spring compression area because the Swede bolt is longer.

EDIT: For some reason I'm not able to upload the picture. I can find and choose but when I hit upload, nothing happens. It's not me, I still have 5MB of storage.
    Last edited by copperlake; 01-02-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copperlake View Post
    All day long a 94/96 Swedish cocking piece will fit a 93,94,95 mauser firing pin. With the caveat that sometimes a 93 cocking piece won't fit a 93 firing pin! Also, as can be seen in pic, there are differences that will require a bit of grinding to make the safety work. If you should continue replacing parts like the sear, all the Swedish NOS I've got have more height to the actual sear than what I've found with 93's even to the point of putting them with a stone in the mill when fitting them to an actual Swede. Too, getting a 94 firing pin will need a mod as they are shorter in the spring compression area because the Swede bolt is longer.

EDIT: For some reason I'm not able to upload the picture. I can find and choose but when I hit upload, nothing happens. It's not me, I still have 5MB of storage.
    Thanks, then a 93/95 firing would be my best bet to use with the 94 cocking piece?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    Thanks, then a 93/95 firing would be my best bet to use with the 94 cocking piece?
    Yes. The 94 in is also longer at the pin end. This can all be fixed a lathe but why? I have fifteen 93 and four 94/96 cocking pieces. I did a run and just about all combos worked. Notice I said 'just about'? Sometimes a wire wheel on the pin lugs helps and sometimes a little needle filing... I've taken a SS bore brush in a drill and reamed the cocking piece....Another option is to search fleabay for a 93 that has good pics as to condition. Buying parts is a hit-or-miss prop!! I've been replacing just about all my 16/93/94/95's triggers and sears with new old stock Swedish stuff and 3x12mm pins I get a hundred of for $18. It's a bunch of work but on an old well-used gun, it's well worth it. The only thing 'wrong' with a two-stage trigger is they wear out, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by copperlake View Post
    Yes. The 94 in is also longer at the pin end. This can all be fixed a lathe but why? I have fifteen 93 and four 94/96 cocking pieces. I did a run and just about all combos worked. Notice I said 'just about'? Sometimes a wire wheel on the pin lugs helps and sometimes a little needle filing... I've taken a SS bore brush in a drill and reamed the cocking piece....Another option is to search fleabay for a 93 that has good pics as to condition. Buying parts is a hit-or-miss prop!! I've been replacing just about all my 16/93/94/95's triggers and sears with new old stock Swedish stuff and 3x12mm pins I get a hundred of for $18. It's a bunch of work but on an old well-used gun, it's well worth it. The only thing 'wrong' with a two-stage trigger is they wear out, IMO.
    Thanks, now need to look for a decent 93/95 mauser firing pin.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    Thanks, now need to look for a decent 93/95 mauser firing pin.
    Not Cheap... We have replaced broken tips, on firing pins if that is all you can locate... Using a repaired one on a couple of Mausers right now...

Quote Originally Posted by racepres View Post
    Not Cheap... We have replaced broken tips, on firing pins if that is all you can locate... Using a repaired one on a couple of Mausers right now...
    Need complete pin, maybe put a post in the want to buy forum and see what happens

Boolit Master
    It looks like all the usual surplus parts places are sold out. In the past I've had good luck finding Mauser parts with Popperts Gun Parts. Their website used to list the parts/price, but now it looks like you'll need to call or email them to find out if what you need is in stock. Their Phone # is +1 215-887-2391. The email address is: sales@poppertsgunparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    It looks like all the usual surplus parts places are sold out. In the past I've had good luck finding Mauser parts with Popperts Gun Parts. Their website used to list the parts/price, but now it looks like you'll need to call or email them to find out if what you need is in stock. Their Phone # is +1 215-887-2391. The email address is: sales@poppertsgunparts.com
    Mark, Thanks will send them a email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast