RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Been an intresting end of year.

Boolit Master

Been an intresting end of year.

Woke up Thanksgiving morning with a bad right side ache, wife was conjested and crooping. Went to the ER up the street they ran test they wrote wife prescriptions and said you can go home, we are putting your husband in hospital. I had a perferated colan. So no dinner for me, Thursday thru monday perferation healed, but I had a cup of broth, some coffee to eat. Lost 10#. Not through yet Had a Dr. appointment the nexxt week for a CT scan, Dr. read it said good news the teaar is gone, bad news you have a time bomb in your colan and we can operate next week under steral conditions or wait for it to explode and take our chances.
    Well went to sergury 12/20/21 got out of the hospital 12/23/21 had nothing but broth and coffee lost 10# more . Now on a soft diet and can have nothing I nave to cut up for six weeks, lost 10# more. Forgot to say wife contacted Covid while visiting hospital, I never took it. So all I can say is BAH-Humbug to the holliays
    PS I am under 200# for th first time since 1955
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    Just see if you can sell people on your diet plan! I'm praying a speedy and full recovery for you both!

Boolit Master

Prayers sent

Gee Freightman, that's a radical way to lose weight!
    Prayers for healing and thank God you caught it before it got worse.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Way better to do it that way than to wait for the inevitable. I will pray for your recovery.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

That is a real interesting diet. Hope you and the wife have a better 22.

Had one of those open heart surgery diets, lost 40#, dropped down under 190. Nothing fits anymore. It has been 110 days and I still must force myself to eat. Just think, days and days of watching your favorite, interesting, TV, yeah right….the stupid box just gets worse with more exposure.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Thankful that 2021 is almost in the rearview mirror.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

I hate to hear of your troubles but God is over all of them, Prayers sent!

I am so glad that the condition was caught before it turned into something far worse. Praying for divine healing for both of you.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Woke up Thanksgiving morning with a bad right side ache, wife was conjested and crooping. Went to the ER up the street they ran test they wrote wife prescriptions and said you can go home, we are putting your husband in hospital. I had a perferated colan. So no dinner for me, Thursday thru monday perferation healed, but I had a cup of broth, some coffee to eat. Lost 10#. Not through yet Had a Dr. appointment the nexxt week for a CT scan, Dr. read it said good news the teaar is gone, bad news you have a time bomb in your colan and we can operate next week under steral conditions or wait for it to explode and take our chances.
    Well went to sergury 12/20/21 got out of the hospital 12/23/21 had nothing but broth and coffee lost 10# more . Now on a soft diet and can have nothing I nave to cut up for six weeks, lost 10# more. Forgot to say wife contacted Covid while visiting hospital, I never took it. So all I can say is BAH-Humbug to the holliays
    PS I am under 200# for th first time since 1955
    I am glad you are ok. I must assume your wife is also ok?

Rob
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Moderator Emeritus

Freightman I can only say that you have had your plate full....loosing that much weight so quick is very hard on your system but at least your medical problem appears to be fixed. I am praying for your recovery and your wife's as well. Please keep us informed your Cast Boolits Family do care!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    wife is recovering and is fine thanks for all concerns and prayers.I am doing good had a new revolver I haven't had a chance to shoot for four months, sent it home with son to function test(hope I get it back) just kidding. The family is going to have a meeting as I am no longer able to shoot my rifles and am considering distributing them to the grand kids. No worries as they are all shooters and the youngest is 30.
    PS for all my 82 years God has taken care of me and He will guide me to the end AMEN!
    Frank G.

Thanks for the update Frank. I'm happy and thankful that your wife is on the mend. Praise Jesus. Have a safe and blessed New Year.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Bub

Prayers going up for you and your wife.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Frank just saw this put you and your wife on our prayer list. I know what your diet is like lost 100 pounds last spring from a similar diet and you will stay on my prayer list till i see you back in chat.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    wife is recovering and is fine thanks for all concerns and prayers.I am doing good had a new revolver I haven't had a chance to shoot for four months, sent it home with son to function test(hope I get it back) just kidding. The family is going to have a meeting as I am no longer able to shoot my rifles and am considering distributing them to the grand kids. No worries as they are all shooters and the youngest is 30.
    PS for all my 82 years God has taken care of me and He will guide me to the end AMEN!
    I thank you for your update and pray that recovery will continue....I truly love your position in your "PS" message....we are all in God's hands and I like you depend on Him to guide us down our path to being with the Father!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan