Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Load Data

Thread: .501/.500 cast boolits.

Boolit Mold

.501/.500 cast boolits.

Apologies...I can't figure out how to post in the WTB section.

Would anyone be interested in selling me some of their unsized cast lee 501-440rf
    Slugs. I have a Star sizer and will purchase a .500 and .501 die so I can size and check. Also does anyone have .501 in plain base at 325-350gr they would part with?
    If it would help I probably can get a shipping paid for and addressed to me USPS
    Box mailed to you. I have a few different selections from Matts already but I would like to try some of the brand or custom mold bullets that I have been seeing as I have been reading through the forums.

Thanks....Steve

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by spallmaker View Post
    Apologies...I can't figure out how to post in the WTB section.

Would anyone be interested in selling me some of their unsized cast lee 501-440rf
    Slugs. I have a Star sizer and will purchase a .500 and .501 die so I can size and check. Also does anyone have .501 in plain base at 325-350gr they would part with?
    If it would help I probably can get a shipping paid for and addressed to me USPS
    Box mailed to you. I have a few different selections from Matts already but I would like to try some of the brand or custom mold bullets that I have been seeing as I have been reading through the forums.

Thanks....Steve
    I just discovered I must have 30 posts under my belt to do so.

Read and learn

Boolit Buddy
    In regards to sizing .500 or .501 bullets in a Star Sizer there's several issues you have to consider before ordering a sizing die. Stars were designed to size soft short bullets originally. 45-200 SWC
    and 38-148 WC. The molds used to cast bullets, generally dropped a bullet .001 over sizing diameter. Nowadays with oversized bullets and harder alloys. Sizing a medium hard .5 bullet .002 or .003 oversized will overtax a Star Sizer. It won't last long, before something breaks. A simple Lee push through will work better. I have a 500 mold that drops .504. Years ago I cast a big pile of real hard bullets. Tried running these through a RCBS Lube a Matic. Would not handle it. Ordered a Lee push thru Sizer Die. Set it up in the Rock Chucker, sprayed the bare bullets with Dillon Case Lube and they ran right through. I then ran the bullets into the Lube a Matic to apply the bullet lube. There is no way a Star would be capable of sizing these .504 hard bullets, you would break something on the first one. Don't get me wrong m, I love my Star Sizers. Still have two.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    Go the swappin and sellin section look at the top of the page you will see the bullet exchange link. I have used this going both ways in the past good place.