WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: RCBS decapping rod.

RCBS decapping rod.

I have RCBS dies with different style decapping rods. Small thread that goes in a nut; larger thread that threads into the body; And a compression collet type. I look on line and only see the threaded type. My 8x57 dies are the collet type and mine is damaged. I need the rod and the expander button.

What to do?

2 weeks ago, I emailed RCBS to find out where to get a replacement de-capping rod for the one I bent. They just mailed me a new one. Great company, great customer service.
    What could possibly go wrong?

I emailed them. Thing is I don't see the smooth sided collet type in their catalog.

Boolit Master
    Send them a note. My RCBS dies have threaded rods, my Lee are smooth, that’s all I’ve ever known.

Call them and explain what you need. I've had the best luck by actually talking to a real live person.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

I've called and always get a polite, knowledgeable, real live person. You might have to wait a while, or leave your number and they'll call you back. Best customer service out there.

Boolit Master

They have replaced a number of mine for free as well and have always refused my money. About 2 years ago they replaced a de-cap expander assembly on a set of dies I got second hand. Made in 1970. I explained that the rod was bent and I found it that way after I bought it from a previous owner. Didn't matter. "Replaced under warranty." Good people.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Buddy
    They are great. Called to get a 270win front piece for my headspace guage. Bought it used and it had the wrong 306 front end in the box. They sent an almost complete set of parts to me in canada and refused any payment.

Boolit Master

Pictures are nice. It is doubtful though, when you're on the phone with RCBS, 800-533-5000, that they will need pictures.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by armednfree View Post
    I have RCBS dies with different style decapping rods. Small thread that goes in a nut; larger thread that threads into the body; And a compression collet type. I look on line and only see the threaded type. My 8x57 dies are the collet type and mine is damaged. I need the rod and the expander button.

What to do?
    Are you positive it is an RCBS die? I have yet to see an RCBS die with a collet-type decapping spindle.

Boolit Master
    I bought a pack of decapping pins that were for thecollet-type of dies. Not good a phone call and quick explaination. I got a pack of the "right" kind by mail. No charge.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarKnight View Post
    Are you positive it is an RCBS die? I have yet to see an RCBS die with a collet-type decapping spindle.
    I believe these are the short lived "Reloader Special" dies.