RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 december 1941

Banned

7 december 1941

for any member here who had a father in that war i would say to you thank you for your families sacrifice my dad fought in the Pacific his unit shot down the first jap planes of the war at Pearl Harbor 7th AA Corps 47th FS. Requiesce in pace to all who served

May this day never be forgotten.

Boolit Master
    A very good friend of mine was on board the USS Nevada that morning and witnessed the Arizona blowing up and sinking. His ship was the only ship that got up steam and tried to escape. They didn’t make it out to sea and were grounded on the way out. He went on to serve on the USS Card in the Atlantic for the remainder of the war, sinking German U Boats. Stan passed away two years ago and I think of him on this day with appreciation for his service and I’m proud to have had him for a friend.

Boolit Grand Master

Dad was to young but had 7 or 8 relatives that served. His Uncle Jim was an ambulance diver with Patton across Belgium.

Vendor Sponsor

If we would have known then, what we know now, I think Congress would have enacted MUCH Better rights for our veterans. It's embarrassing to see a veteran in a wheelchair detailing his struggles with the VA and his docs to get the treatment and meds he or she needs. It's insulting to see our veterans living on the street when our government is molly coddling refugees and placing their care and well being WAY ahead of our veterans.

We totally need a new Congress, one that isn't scared of being called names to restructure our priorities to take care of AMERICANS FIRST and everyone else later. And our veterans would be at the TOP of the list of priorities for housing, social assistance, retirement, treatment and access to doctors, business loans, college funds, etc. Instead we have this lamentable collection of richard craniums who only give a **** about their agenda and think wasting time and money to destroy a sitting President is okay and should take priority. SMDH.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I well remember as a child in the 50's, my parents still playing Red Foley's ''Smoke on the Water'' from 1943 on the phonograph.

''For there is a great destroyer made of fire-flesh-and steel rolling toward the foes of freedom-They'll go down beneath it's wheels.

There'll be nothing left but vultures to inhabit all that land-When our modern ships and bombers make a grave yard of Japan!''

https://youtu.be/gmZzX6aSud4

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    If we would have known then, what we know now, I think Congress would have enacted MUCH Better rights for our veterans. It's embarrassing to see a veteran in a wheelchair detailing his struggles with the VA and his docs to get the treatment and meds he or she needs. It's insulting to see our veterans living on the street when our government is molly coddling refugees and placing their care and well being WAY ahead of our veterans.

We totally need a new Congress, one that isn't scared of being called names to restructure our priorities to take care of AMERICANS FIRST and everyone else later. And our veterans would be at the TOP of the list of priorities for housing, social assistance, retirement, treatment and access to doctors, business loans, college funds, etc. Instead we have this lamentable collection of richard craniums who only give a **** about their agenda and think wasting time and money to destroy a sitting President is okay and should take priority. SMDH.
    I doubt it. We as a country have NEVER taken care of any group of veterans from any war.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

79 years and just a few more hours to 80 year anniversary of an Infamous Day in our Nations History.
    I thank God also for every man & woman who decided never to surrender.
    May our Republic always be filled with Patriots of Freedom.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Yeah, dittos. Politicians care about the military when they're needed and only because they're needed at that time, then afterward they flip them the bird. I'm allowed one visit to a VA Dr. once a year, and before covid I could use the gym and pool. Thanks for your service, now BOHICA. All the while claiming how much they like to care for the vets. That's only because they don't want to lose votes.

Not all of them are like that, but the preponderance.
    Let's go Brandon!

Here's Dad mustering out in 1945...a farmhand from Arkansas joining the USCG in 1942...ended up running Higgins Boat - Landing Craft LCVP's delivering Marines to the beaches in the South Pacific.
    Till the day he died, he never would tell me about the war.

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    MY father and his two Brother Joined Before Pearl Harbor Date October 1941. By the time The war started My Family and later Extended family had appox 30 Men and woman Join.
    That God for there Service
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    It’s been on my mind for days. I never forget. My dad went into the mess in 1942. He never talked about it, but I know the war bothered him for life.

Boolit Master
    I remember the day it happened. I had just turned seven. Our phone rang, my Moma answered, and I could tell she was upset. I started pulling on her dress asking what was wrong. She hung up the phone and said, the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor. I had no idea where that was or even who Japs were. My brother was working as a cab dispatcher and called her with the news. In '44 he joined the Merchant Marine and served in the Pacific and the Atlantic.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post

Doud, Rudyard Kipling expressed those feelings in his poem, Tommy. It's Tommy this and Tommy that and Tommy how's your soul but it's a thin red line of heroes when the drums began to roll.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    One of my uncles was there on that day, serving in the air force. He died a few years ago, one of the last in my area of Pa that had been there.
    Barry

My dad joined out of high school in 1944 and served on a LST at Iow Jima and Okinawa he never talked about it. One time said they were torpedoed while on anchor in Okinawa and the let the ship sit on the bottom and continued to fight from the upper decks. After it was over they refloated it. He said he had just came on watch when the torpedo went into his birthing area. That's the only time he talked about the fighting.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    My wife's Grandfather was on the USS California that morning. His was MIA for 10 days until the mess of all the destruction was somewhat sorted out enough. Like many he would never talk about it.

May they all rest in peace, and we should never forget.

J Wisner

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Grandpa Maurice was at Pearl that day.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Gramps on the Enterprise. Had the Aircraft carriers been in harbor I wouldn’t be typing this now. He always said he was Captain of the Head! Never understood till I joined the Corps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I grew up among a family of WWII veterans.My father and all three of my uncles served in the European Theatre. On 7 December, 1941, my mother's eldest brother, was a freshly-commissioned 2nd Lt, in transit to join the 2nd Armored Div. at Ft. Benning and her younger brother was in newly enrolled in the Civilian Flight Training Program (CFTP) at his college; eventually flying P-51s after a stint as a ground school instructor. My father was a combat engineer; injured on a construction job in Tunisia, he taught welding at Ft. Belvoir for the remainder of the war. His brother completed 26 missions as a B17 flight engineer without a scratch...then broke an ankle in the crash of a training flight after returning stateside. All had their share of stories about their buddies, comic situations, and operational screw-ups but none, that I can recall, ever talked about their actual combat experiences.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast