MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Boolit Buddy
    Best Hallmark Christmas movie ever ��

Boolit Master
    According to the movie web site IMDb Die Hard is the number 2 Christmas Movie, second only to It's A Wonderful Life.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Banned
    yes, next question?

Boolit Buddy
    The fact that this question comes up every year, on every forum and discussion group that is guy-oriented, shows just how important the topic is. And of course I have to read every comment in the threads every year. I hope there is never a clear resolution as the question itself provides as much entertainment as the movie.

I come down on the side that DH is a Christmas movie. To those who say it's just a movie set at Christmas time, I'd have to point out that's the case with every Christmas movie.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNapper View Post
    The fact that this question comes up every year, on every forum and discussion group that is guy-oriented, shows just how important the topic is. And of course I have to read every comment in the threads every year. I hope there is never a clear resolution as the question itself provides as much entertainment as the movie.

I come down on the side that DH is a Christmas movie. To those who say it's just a movie set at Christmas time, I'd have to point out that's the case with every Christmas movie.
    Ohhhh Say it aint Soooooo. All the movies focused on Santa are christmas movies. All the movies focused on Rudolph are Christmas movies. And "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" is most definitely a Christmas Movie.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

It depends on your orientation, mine, as an old demolition man, is sort of eschewed toward, the office chair down the elevator shaft, with plastic, very nice Christmas present. Created a whole new need for screen doors…
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Ohhhh Say it aint Soooooo. All the movies focused on Santa are christmas movies. All the movies focused on Rudolph are Christmas movies. And "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" is most definitely a Christmas Movie.
    Exactly! A movie focused on Santa, elves, reindeer, or Christmas itself is a Christmas movie. A movie that is set around Christmas time is NOT a Christmas movie.

Could Die Hard have been written so that he was attending a Halloween party, or some other random office party, when terrorists attack and the movie still be as good and have the same flavor? Absolutely.

One of my favorite movies is Just Friends in which the main character spends Christmas back in his hometown and is reunited with his high school sweetheart. I don't consider it a Christmas movie. Nor do I consider The Shining a Christmas movie.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Die Hard is THEE Christmas movie.

What other movie features a ballet dancer, more accustomed to the nutcracker, as a psycho killer terrorist? That's acting
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Going off of the standard set by those who swear Die Hard is a Christmas movie because it happens to take place around Christmas time, I offer the following list of my favorite top ten Christmas movies...

1. Trading Places

2. Better Off Dead

3. The Godfather

4. LA Confidential

5. Ironman 3

6. Ghostbusters

7. Rocky

8. The Philadelphia Experiment

9. Cast Away

10. Batman Returns
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I never thought of Better off dead as a christmas movie but it was funny that the mom gave everyone tv dinners for christmas gifts cause she was such a rotten cook.

Yippie-Ki-Yay, XxxxxxXxxxxx it is!

The answer is simple
    There two kind of people in this world
    Those who think diehard is a Christmas movie
    And those who are wrong

Boolit Bub

Die Hard was released on July 15, 1988. Christmas movies need to be released after Halloween, at a minimum, to be considered as a Christmas movie.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Hawkeye View Post
    Nope I think the whole series is poo. If die hard is a Christmas movie then Quigley is an Australian tourism movie.
    WHAT! You mean it isn't, I am shattered. regards Stephen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Exactly! A movie focused on Santa, elves, reindeer, or Christmas itself is a Christmas movie. A movie that is set around Christmas time is NOT a Christmas movie.

Could Die Hard have been written so that he was attending a Halloween party, or some other random office party, when terrorists attack and the movie still be as good and have the same flavor? Absolutely.

One of my favorite movies is Just Friends in which the main character spends Christmas back in his hometown and is reunited with his high school sweetheart. I don't consider it a Christmas movie. Nor do I consider The Shining a Christmas movie.
    Gunning people down while dressed as some crappy movie monster wouldnt work at all... wouldnt work wth the plot synopsis of the film either.

And when your stuck in a big building of idiots with that rappy "christmas music" over head, who DOESNT wanna play die hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Going off of the standard set by those who swear Die Hard is a Christmas movie because it happens to take place around Christmas time, I offer the following list of my favorite top ten Christmas movies...

1. Trading Places

2. Better Off Dead

3. The Godfather

4. LA Confidential

5. Ironman 3

6. Ghostbusters

7. Rocky

8. The Philadelphia Experiment

9. Cast Away

10. Batman Returns
    11. Lethal Weapon.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    Favorite Christmas movie:---Ernest does Christmas.

Favorite Christmas song:---Grandma got run over by a reindeer.
    R.D.M.

Bruce willis running around a tower trying to avoid Alan Rickman. Die hard is a harry potter movie!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anothernewb View Post
    Bruce willis running around a tower trying to avoid Alan Rickman. Die hard is a harry potter movie!
    That explains the magic chant of yippy ki a ___ ____ now dosen't it.

Actually, it predates movies.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...