Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stapler

Boolit Master

I have a Dewalt carbon fiber stapler in my range bag.

Surprisingly light and zero issues.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    Brand names or generic, they ALL jam. The defining factor is the 'quality' of the staples. And over the years the staples have become doo-doo or non existence for some of the major brands. I have a nice collection of staplers and staples (hand held, hammer, desktop, hangers and electric, also pneumatic). Buy the one that you can get staples for! Staple length is also a consideration as is the material being stapled to. Enjoy, none of them are fail proof.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    I worked the DuoFast vintage staple gun that my neighbor left me with CLP and got it working. This staple gun is so old that I can't find a pic of that model anywhere. But, hey, it works.

Boolit Grand Master

The other issue with they cheap staples is they are much softer ( bend able) than the quality staples. are. A arrow T50 staple is very tough and harder to bend. Along with the size variances this makes for problems. A staple gun by nature gets very dirty quickly they need cleaned and lubed regularly.

Boolit Bub
    I use an arrow and think it is a good stapler. I also have an old plastic Craftsman that was given to me years ago. It is light duty, and really light in weight, but always worked great for hanging targets. Unfortunately, staples are no longer available for it. Sure wish I could find some.

Boolit Master
    I have a t50 that’s seen thousands of staples over the years (inherited from a retail store that used it for 30 years before closing) and can’t remember ever having an issue with it unless there was an issue with the staples being used.

I also have a poweshot metal unit full size that has been a champ for 20 years.

Have a small plastic one in my range bag and it on occasion gives me fits but not often.

I think others have said it best. All brands have good and bad models. Key is looking at the construction and finding one that’s quality within a brands offerings.

Good luck finding what will work best for you.

Boolit Master
    Arrow t50 no doubt. I've got several of them and even the one my daughter hit with a .22 still works fine.

Boolit Master
    The Arrow Powershot the OP mentioned is a reverse action plastic looking thing, nothing like the T50.

The trouble is, once you engineer a great product, you are out of that job.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    The DuoFast vintage staple gun that I got working is old but built like a tank. Even if I got mad at it and did to it what I did to that Powershot, I think it would just laugh at me and keep working.

Boolit Grand Master
    When I was a kid, Dad had an old green Swingline. That thing always worked. I haven't seen a new one that would touch it for reliability.

I will second getting one that you can get good staples for. From memory, there are Arrow T-50, Swingline, and one other brand that I cannot remember that are reasonably good. They don't however, interchange well.

The best new stapler that I have used is one of the battery operated Milwaukee's that my cousin brought over when we insulated my attic. IIRC it takes T-50 staples. Expensive, but it works.

Robert

Moderator Emeritus

I have used an Arrow T50 since 1982. It still works fine.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    I have used an Arrow T50 since 1982. It still works fine.
    I have four T-50's and inevitably can only find one.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    I have four T-50's and inevitably can only find one.
    That's about the right number. I have four 16' tape measures so I can usually find one.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I have a T-50 stapler. It will jam from time to time, but I've found the jams are few and far between when using genuine Arrow staples. Don't be tempted to save a few bucks and buy off brand staples that are supposedly compatible with Arrow T-50 staplers. I suppose the same applies with any quality stapler.

Boolit Master

Arrow T-50
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

Another Arrow T-50 user. I won't use anything but Arrow staples in it and it has never jammed that I can remember.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12