Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Missing Swapping and Selling ad

Missing Swapping and Selling ad

This early afternoon I was going to respond to a Swapping and Selling ad titled "Dies and Saeco moulds for sale". Yes, moulds is spelled wrong but that's the spelling the seller used. The ad is now gone. Did anyone else see it? Did I imagine it? Did a mod delete it?

Could be anything. Either the post didn't have pricing or they didn't have enough time/posts to qualify.

Maybe they (the poster) pulled it to reword.
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
    SASS 17373
    Proud Dad of a USAF Airman

I wouldn't say "mould" is wrong. It's just the British spelling for mold, but a good number of people prefer the British spelling to refer to a form or shape as opposed to fungi.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The seller might have deleted it if it had already sold.

There is people that seem to haunt the S&S sight.
    I've put things there that were grabbed in a couple of minutes.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Bub
    The ad was deleted because I did not have the required number of posts to post an thread to sell anything. I have been a member for years but almost never post anything.

Boolit Master

Well post a few posts as you have been a long time member , there is always someone asking a question , I saw the ad but never noticed what your post count was .

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Well post a few posts as you have been a long time member , there is always someone asking a question , I saw the ad but never noticed what your post count was .
    Just be careful. They do look to see if the posts made to make sure they're not just junk, spam posts to get to the required number of posts

Quote Originally Posted by nhyrum View Post
    Just be careful. They do look to see if the posts made to make sure they're not just junk, spam posts to get to the required number of posts

They are called meaningful posts. Only posts like "Me too" and "I agree" or "I like that" get scrutiny and will not count. No_1 only asks members to participate and contribute to the Cast Boolits community, that's why posts in the Pit or S&S don't count.

An acceptable post would be to express your opinion on any post in Boolit Lube ! Or any other subforum in the Casting and Reloading forum.

A 600 word dissertation on the merits of 20:1 vs 39:1 only counts as one post But a well thought out reply of 2 sentences works just as good.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Bub
    As I grow older I realize how little of value my opinions and knowlege actually are. I often think of what they said when I was a kid, "better to remain silent and have people think you are a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Also rember hearing " Speak only when you can improve the silence"

Boolit Master

I type out comments and advice on occasion just to turn around and delete or cancel the post , some times one does not want to post as the collective advice swears by something that flies in the face of experiences one has in their own testing .

We all have opinions and experiences and they do not always agree or align with another persons , but surely you have experiences that can benefit the general forum , I shoot and cast/ reload for my personal satisfaction , I joined this forum only to purchase some 45acp brass when I was getting back into reloading and shooting after a few years where I shot very little and reloaded or cast nothing .

Now I find I come here to read and see what people are doing and to see if it is of use to me , for the most part it is a group I enjoy , I will comment on some things and I check out the swapping and selling section , some times there is something I want .

I have never sold anything here , I have bought some stuff , have posted a want to buy , but have not been successful in finding what I was looking for , which is fine , have to much stuff anyway .

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I saw and took a look at it, and if I am remembering correctly, the individual who posted it did not have the required minimum amount of posts to qualify to put an ad in the WTS/WTS section. So my guess is that one of the Mods took it down.

Boolit Bub
    Bedbugbilly is correct

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jsam View Post
    As I grow older I realize how little of value my opinions and knowlege actually are. I often think of what they said when I was a kid, "better to remain silent and have people think you are a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Also rember hearing " Speak only when you can improve the silence"
    Do you smelt your own stuff like ww's, lead roof sheating, etc? Make your own pot from a cut up propane tank? Where do you get your lead from? All topics that can generate meaningful posts. Good luck.
    Ron

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsam View Post
    Very wise words- but this is a very welcoming community of like-minded individuals. It is my go-to for knowledge when casting. Mr. Wolf makes great points as well.