Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: New 410 X from Henry is my latest Platform

Boolit Buddy

New 410 X from Henry is my latest Platform

I couldn't help myself. At 71 I was hoping for some self control, but I guess not.
    I have a new Henry 20" barrel .410 with screw-in chokes. It is a lever action .410 that takes 6 in the tube plus 1 in the chamber. Henry built the "X" models with composite stock and fore-end, and a fiber-optic front beed. This model includes the tube-feed plus a side gate. If that's not enough, it is built on the same action and barrel blank used in the Henry 45-70. I don't see how I can have many chamber pressure issues with this gun. It's a little heavy, but shoulders nicely and the sling swivels are already there for an all day woods walk.

I am going to start with round balls then start to work with some slugs. I worked though my 12 ga 7/8 oz lee key slugs, and a variety of slugs for my savage 220 which I love. I am just circling back to .410 because the new Henry platform caught my eye. I also have a 1950 Savage Stevens tube fed, fixed full choke bolt gun in .410 that I use for tree hunting squirrels with 6 shot.

I just bought a box of the Magtech .410 brass shells to add to my .410 hulls. I think I can also make brass hulls from .444 Brass. Should be interesting.

IMHO as long as you recognize the limitations, the .410 is a great gun for old guys.

Boolit Master

.410 is fun! I make my brass 410s using Ed Harris' method.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

Love the 410. Im havin a blast too

Best of luck with yours!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw