Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: This 'getting old' thing is not for the meek

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    It is no cake walk and I have the same truck.....love it and want to keep it running as I hope this is my last big truck as I am 69.....spent an hour under the hood replacing a alternator two weeks ago....it was, like you say, no cake walk......just keep battling through it and never ever give into old age.....it will kill you if you do!
    I'll be 80 next July. My 2013 Toyota Tundra is 8 years old. I've been looking at all the "information" I can find on electric trucks. Ford is planning a new plant not too far from us to build electric trucks. Looks good to me. By the time I get around to getting one, it probably won't matter how long it lasts or how far it will go on a charge. Sounds like it will be interesting.

Yeah! I hurt in places I didn't know I had places but on the whole, I'm doing alright. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 16 years ago. I watch what I eat(sort of) but am not obsessive about it. The things that I do eat are mostly the same things I would eat even if I didn't have diabetes. Not a fan of drive thru fast food joints. Several years ago when we went on a European tour, I was the only one in the group to order escargot in the French restaurant. I do like(or am willing to try) unusual foods.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    we went on a European tour, I was the only one in the group to order escargot in the French restaurant. I do like(or am willing to try) unusual foods.

I try different foods whenever I can.

Very few I've had were 'just OK'. They seem to be really good, or just awful.
    The only exception was those baluts when I was in WESPAC.
    The places that sold them stunk so bad, I never got drunk enough to go in and try one.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I'm not as old... early 60s, but many auto repair tasks take longer than when I did this daily for work. This is due in part to me showing down and a lot to not remembering how I did things 25 years ago

My dad is 84 and still works on old cars, boats, tractors, etc. He is probably a bit slower than when he was 20, but it's still after it. He's amazing in his ability to work and knowledge of machines.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.

Boolit Master

Visited my folks today and asked about the tea. They both raved about it and said it the greatest thing since sliced bread. Apparently, it is an incredible cancer fighter, among other things.

They gave me a glass of it and it has mild flavor. Nothing I'd drink for fun, but for health benefits, it is definitely doable.

I got home and did some research and figured I might as well try it. $46 for a bag after shipping. 100 servings, so about a month's worth of tea if you are trying to heal something, and 3 months or so if just wanting general health benefits.

Heck, my multi-vitamins are about the same cost and I haven't noticed any improvement in 3 months of taking them.

I'll give the weird hippie tea a try...

https://taheeboteaclub.com/
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Heck, my multi-vitamins are about the same cost and I haven't noticed any improvement in 3 months of taking them.

I'll give the weird hippie tea a try...
    Vitamins aren't really a cure. They're more for preventing aliments.
    You can get ill, or whatever from various vitamin deficiencies.
    Like Vit. C, its supposed to help prevent a cold, but if you already have one, it won't do much to cure it.

Over in the Far East, they're real big on green tea. It's supposed to help prevent or help about 20 different things.
    But you need to have some every day.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I drank a cup of tea one time that made me hit the head in high gear, don't wish that on anyone. Wondered what it was but I believe Biden must have had some lately.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    wait till you have 8 decades under your belt
    Frank G.

On December 19 I will be 60 years old. I get along well.
    Good nutrition, 3 liters of water per day, running 8 kilometers every other day ... and something fundamental, not getting in trouble for anything, that's why it has been more than three years that at home we did not watch any newscast, in fact we almost did not watch television programs. I work 4 to 5 hours a day, very rare that it is 8 hours. I try to enjoy life. As Dr. Patch Adams says: I practice the joy of living.
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Me and Gopher Slayer and I are almost the same age, except he is 3 months older. I still do my under the car work. I do use a 4 inch thick foam pad. It is a struggle to get up and I am only a little sore mornings. Lower leg swelling due to damaged valves from a car wreck in 2002. They had to cut steel to get me out. Three broken edges of neck bones, One broken tibia. a piece of the plastic inside door light imbedded in the left lower calf muscle ( it is still in there.) The X-Ray couldn' "see"it. They told me that I would be very sore tomorrow and sent me home. What! No cast , no nothing. Along came ED and perony's disease. Next was bladder cancer for eight years with bladder and prostate removal (complete ED) Well now, it has been a venture for sure. Two years ago the Urologist put me on injectable testosterone. It has been a game changer ( not for ED) physically. I lost weight from the belly from 229 lbs to 198 now back to 203 lbs. I have much more desire to get up off the couch, so to speak, and do some work of whatever. As for getting up off the ground and back down to the ground over 200 times per day does work IMP only. Had that experience when trapping gophers with 42 traps. Every trap that caught a gopher had to be washed to get the scent off before another gopher would go into it. For a long time after I could be sitting flat on the ground with legs crossed then just stand up. Yes I remember back a couple decades when I was 66. I was a positive thinker then as now.. My son refers to our family motto of "get it done rs".

Boolit Master
    I've been messing around with a tree that is dead from about 10' off the ground. Used the front end loader on my Kubots L3800 to drag the poison ivy and weeds so that when it comes time I have a clear path to go to when I take it down. It goes up about 7' then splits into two separate limbs. Both limbs are leaning in two separate directions. So have to plan on taking one down then the other. As one member said I ache in places I didn't know I have. At 75 do what I can and call it a day. Frank

Boolit Master
    I can relate to what most of what ya'll say. 78 here.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456