Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big export order for non-military ammo

Boolit Mold

Big export order for non-military ammo

South African sports ammunition loaded and ready for shipment to the US.

2.88 million of 9mm and .223 ammunition from Denel PMP (Pretoria Metal Pressings) at the value of about $1 000 000 will be exported on Sunday from the Richardsbay habour, South Africa

Hopefully its bound for Florida or the Gulf coast, and not California..
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Mold
    I heard rumors it is going to Texas.

Banned
    PMP is good ammo

Boolit Master

I wonder if I could waylay that boat on the way here, I need some 223.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

2,880,000 rounds is a good start. I think the Grand kids could burn that up in a weekend!
    Send Primers too Please!!
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Boolit Grand Master

It's a start but 2,880,000 divided by 50 states is 57,600 per states. Until the number hits billions it's not even a noticeable.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Rancher,

The Murdochs in Westminster had bunches of Tulo 223 and 9mm when I was in the at 230 today. They even had .30-30, 308, 30-06 and 77 mm Might check your local store to see if they have any. I did not look at prices since I did not need any.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master

2.9 million rounds is pee in the ocean. Super Vel was releasing 100k lots of 9mm and they would sell out in seconds. In the single digits of seconds.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

I was at my farm and fleet store today they had 223 and other rifle ammo in stock
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Mold
    May be the importer is doing a test run. PMP can manufacture a million rounds a day. They also manufacture cases, primers and bullets.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am seeing .223 for $10/box for the cheap stuff (brass cases) on line.

Hardly worth reloading at todays cost of primers and powder.
    Don Verna

Banned

even at todays prices (if you can find components) i can load a 1000 556 for well less then 300 bucks. To buy them at that price would cost me 500. 200 bucks is nothing to sneeze at. Now if you factor in labor you might be better off but what else can i do in the winter other then watch tv!

Boolit Master
    I am seeing more ammo on the shelves, but the prices are high.

Boolit Mold
    I am sure the PMP will be cheap. 1$ = R15 (South African Rand)When I was in the South African border war in the earlier 1980's PMP manufactured the ammo we used. You can ask thousands of terrorists (communist) that are 6m under (shot dead). But nowadays I don't know the quality. With mismanagement PMP is on the brink of collapse. Their workers have not been paid for the last year. So may be this small shipment can get them paid.

Some say I am arrogant on this forum and received a warning. May be it is just me more than 40 years later after the South African border/bush war. (I was a 18 year old kid)(Still have night mares seeing faces of terrorist I shot and killed with PMP ammo lol)
    Last edited by nicovanj; 10-30-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

I would be very surprised if quite a few of our members didn't have similar experiences. The difference is on how they speak and treat others knowing what they do. Much easier to treat everyone with respect as you know what happens when the ugly side of humans rear that ugly head. Just something learned from my lifetime of experiences.

That is MY opinion. I am not speaking as a Moderator for the forum.

Boolit Master
    To the OP, first thank you for your service ! Thank you for the information you have posted as many will see this as some relief to the empty shelves of ammunition. I’ve purchased pmp in the past and had no issues that I recall. If prices are down some who knows what we might purchase since a lot of the indoor shooting ranges will not allow reloaded Ammo.
    This won’t effect many that reload and shoot outside in their back yards or fields.

Again thank you and keep posting

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    I am seeing more ammo on the shelves, but the prices are high.
    Same here in Tx. The past two years or so of this is why I happened over here! I now cast 9mm and 10mm which is what I shoot the most of. My hunting AR, I stockpiled bullets some years back and have plenty. Powder, well, I’m good now, but it too will run out….Good on primers.

Our Academy here local is starting to stock reloading bullets again, but still no primers. Haven’t seen any 9mm FMJ in a long time now. Plenty 5.56, 7.62, and the all new do everything, 350 Legend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nicovanj View Post
    I am sure the PMP will be cheap. 1$ = R15 (South African Rand)When I was in the South African border war in the earlier 1980's PMP manufactured the ammo we used. You can ask thousands of terrorists (communist) that are 6m under (shot dead). But nowadays I don't know the quality. With mismanagement PMP is on the brink of collapse. Their workers have not been paid for the last year. So may be this small shipment can get them paid.

Some say I am arrogant on this forum and received a warning. May be it is just me more than 40 years later after the South African border/bush war. (I was a 18 year old kid)(Still have night mares seeing faces of terrorist I shot and killed with PMP ammo lol)
    i tend to wear it on my sleave too nicovanj. Seems sometimes to me that some need a bit more spine. Getting shot at tends to help in that matter.

Boolit Master

I was at Rural King and they had pallets of ammo. 22LR was $16. 00 a hundred Wolf .223, and oddball .308. Prices were beyond mine price range and I still have reloading components to make what I need. Not much hunting ammo though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast