RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full shelves

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Like said.......If you see something you want, stock up right then, because next week it may be gone, even their own brand! A family member worked for them for about 6 hears and filled me in on the secrets of how they operate. They make their big profits on the memberships and not much on the actual stuff we buy. Most are razor-thin margins. And they move stuff around almost every week to force you to search for it and find stuff you really didn't know you ever needed!

This year we have spent ~3X the money at Sam's Club. I have corp cards for both, but Sam's has a bunch of stuff we like better. They now also offer a free MasterCard credit card that is your club membership also, so no more 2 cards needed.

Bottom line is, the 2 of us generally spend $250-350 per month at Sam's and $150-200 at Costco. And still the wife still comes home with a boot full of groceries every week or so! Gotta eat, so might as well eat what you like.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 8mmFan View Post
    The bacon was $4/lb? I’d load that cart up. We do eat a lot of it...
    You ain't lying. I held up a package of Black Label Bacon for my wife to check out. $13.99lb
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Like said.......If you see something you want, stock up right then, because next week it may be gone, even their own brand! A family member worked for them for about 6 hears and filled me in on the secrets of how they operate. They make their big profits on the memberships and not much on the actual stuff we buy. Most are razor-thin margins. And they move stuff around almost every week to force you to search for it and find stuff you really didn't know you ever needed!

This year we have spent ~3X the money at Sam's Club. I have corp cards for both, but Sam's has a bunch of stuff we like better. They now also offer a free MasterCard credit card that is your club membership also, so no more 2 cards needed.

Bottom line is, the 2 of us generally spend $250-350 per month at Sam's and $150-200 at Costco. And still the wife still comes home with a boot full of groceries every week or so! Gotta eat, so might as well eat what you like.
    The only reason we shopped at Sam's Club was a free membership we got and the scan app that allows you to scan the items as you put them into your cart and pay with a CC then bypass the checkouts and go straight to the door. That is a genius idea but the stuff wasn't any cheaper than we could find on sale different places and sometimes more.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    The Costco near me tried that scan app thing a few years ago using a resident scanner (not your phone) in each cart. They lost so much money in a year from stolen items, they scrapped the whole test project for the entire USA.

I might be able to find the odd item someday somewhere for a few pennies less, but I am of the type - when I want something, I want it now - and pay whatever the price is without a 2nd thought. Many years ago, we were coupon hoarders for the grocery stores. Now we don't even subscribe to magazines or newspapers! (Like the old S&G song says; "I get all the news I need from the weather report.") Haven't used a coupon to buy stuff with in over 6 years.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    Have yet to find some thing Kirkland branded that I didn’t like. Bacon at four dollars a pound is incredible because right now in my area it’s $18 for a pack of the pre-cooked.

Funny story, friends brother did a business case study of Kirkland private brand and if you see a Kirkland product next to a namebrand product of the same variety that’s who made the private label version. For instance, Costco only sells Duracell batteries and Kirkland batteries. Because Duracell makes Kirkland batteries. Same thing applies to their liquor, whatever brand name is next to that product that’s who makes it.
    I haul pickles. I can tell you that besides their name brand they make pickles for everyone from Dollar General to Trader Joes.

Boolit Master
    I was just surprised they were able to fully stock the store.

Boolit Buddy
    Give their hearing aids a look Kirkland brand are made by Siemens $1900. Or go across the road to Miracle ear( also made by Siemens ) and pay as much as $5000 for the Identical set.

Boolit Master

I've been a Costco member since the mid 80's.

We buy all our meat there, as well as butter, milk, coffee, and a few other items.

Most of our grocery shopping takes place at HEB.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

We don't have Costco in my area. Sounds intriguing.

Boolit Master
    Costco’s cheap and fairly convenient (I pass one one the way to the range). Good deals, especially when I don’t mind buying in bulk and don’t care about brand.

It is annoying, though, to not find my sizes or products that I try out and like but that they drop.

No Sam’s Clubs nearby.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    now if Costco would only start selling primers and brass....
    Be nice to find a good tasting budget price merlot. Rockbrook is one merlot we found at the local meat store but if Costco has a good merlot THAT might encourage wife to shop there.
    RodgerDat, look for FRONTERA Concha Y Toro brand Merlot. 1.5 liter bottle. We don’t shop at Costco. It isn’t a store brand, I’ve seen it at Krogers. BJ’s Warehouse club carries it down here as does my favorite store: Total Wine. It’s from Chile, typically $8 / for 1.5 liter bottle and smooth. Frontera has won dozens of awards over the past 15 years. Their other varieties are also ++ good.