Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Primer cost

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Not quite sure I agree. 1st Primers I have seen at Murdochs (Actually on their web site as 200 + boxes of 100 at almost all of their stores) in over a year are listed as CCI-Br4 Small Bench Rest Rifle Primers - Cost is $9.99 per thousand. That is almost three times the cost previously (when they had primers in stock).

Soooooo; I am not seeing that falling price you mention.
    If I found them at that price, I’d buy everything they had and tell no one.

Boolit Master

No primers of any type, at any price, in this neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    I'm going to have to empty a shelf in my gun safe to lock up my valuables--my primers.
    About six weeks ago I had to let a HughesNet tech into my gun room to upgrade the satellite modem.

Yup - I hid all my primers.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyRider View Post
    After seeing another user here recommend addictedtoblackpowder.com, i placed an order with them today. 4lbs Scheutzen 3F and 2000 RWS 1075 primer caps. The caps are $95/thousand (spendy). The Scheutzen is $15/lb.
    During WW2 there were no primers, no powder, no loaded ammo, nothing available to the civilian market from 1942 until 1946. The American Rifleman published articles on how to refurbish grandpa's old flintlock. For whatever reason, black powder was still readily available.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    During WW2 there were no primers, no powder, no loaded ammo, nothing available to the civilian market from 1942 until 1946. The American Rifleman published articles on how to refurbish grandpa's old flintlock. For whatever reason, black powder was still readily available.
    I would love to see those articles. My grandmother talked about using her Stevens 32 to kill everything from hogs to deer to grouse during WW2. It was the only thing she had ammunition for.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

My almost-complete collection of the Rifleman is in storage, or I'd offer to try finding one for you.

Probably a .32 Long rimfire at that - maybe even a Favorite or Crackshot boys' rifle.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    The Wife sent me in to Three Bears, Alaska, to pick up some food items. As I passed the gun department I asked if they had any primers in stock (it's an ongoing joke there). The clerk asks me what kind I'm looking for and I ask him what he's got. CCI SR and SRM. I tell him I'll take the SR and he tapes up the last 4 boxes. He says they got in a huge shipment and I got the last 4 packs. $5.99 ea.

Target sports had some Federal match SPP yesterday. They wanted $549.00/5000. I have no interest at that price, sadly they sold out quickly.

Boolit Master
    Not primers.... but I did get some powder yesterday!! Limit of 2 of each per customer.
    (Apologies for the sharpied out price - giving that one as a gift - $28.99/# is the price)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Went to Murdochs in Columbia Falls yesterday (27 Dec 2021) to buy grain for the horses. Stopped by the Gun counter and as Gomer Pyle would say: SURPRISE-SURPRISE-SURPRISE; they had a few boxes of Federal Gold Medal Small Pistol Primers on the shelf - limit of 2 per customer (200 Primers). I purchased two boxes of 100 for $4.29 per box. So; I am able to load up 4 boxes of 50 rounds .38 special/.357 for my wife to shoot now.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master
    Those prices are not bad!!!
    Don Verna

Powder prices, to me, have remained reasonable. Thinking the primers crunch is keeping powder at bay.

Boolit Master
    I have been watching a few small rifle primers at 100. A thousand stay available for a week without selling out . They are limited to a thousand , but they were available .
    I still see over 400 pages of primers for sale on gunbroker at scalped prices.

Boolit Master
    Our Sportsman's had some powder in the shipment today that they haven't had for a while. Acc #9, 5744, 2230, imr4227, 4198, wsf, autocomp. Limit was one per customer. Will go back tomorrow and see if any is left. Lots of TripleSeven

No primers.

FWIW, the 4198 was $45/lb. The stuff I bought 2 yrs ago was $35/lb. Not bad.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    rpbertbank:

Rustic Sport Shop, Howard City, Michigan. I've known the owner all my life. His mother was my Cub Scout den mother.

Invoices showed $169.99/1,000.

I'm picking up 1K from a co worker next weekend to be replaced when the become available.

Boolit Master
    Two local stores today around St. Louis had 1000 spp winchester for $79 and another store srp for $69 so I think things are turning just a bit but we still have 3 more years of what started the shortage so I don't know what to think. Each place still had a one brick limit. Since I paid around $ 120 a case some years ago this is astonishing and everyone here said it was a good deal.

Fin Feather Fur in Youngstown (Boardman store) has had primers for $7.99/100 for over a year now. Don't need any nor will I need any at that price.

They do have a lot of powder, this picture was taken 12/23/2021.
    [IMG][/IMG]

1 container of powder per person, per day. A lot of people were walking around with containers of powder. I didn't need it but I wanted to do some test loads using AA#7 in several different calibers so I bought 1#.

Far cry from what they used to carry/stock but at least there's a bunch of different 4#/5#/8# kegs of powder there (rifle and pistol). The reddot, prome & unique was about gone but they did have a lot of titegroup with the 8# kegs of titegroup costing $183.99 + tax.

Boolit Master
    Now I found Winchester small pistol primers for $60 a thousand close to St. Louis and they had a lot with no limit. Hopefully it is starting to come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Caster View Post
    Now I found Winchester small pistol primers for $60 a thousand close to St. Louis and they had a lot with no limit. Hopefully it is starting to come around.
    Hope I'm not wrong but if history has taught us anything, these DEMAND/supply cycles will continue as they have & what is now expensive to the buyer will become sales to move product as the SUPPLY/demand cycle comes full circle.

Boolit Master
    local gun shop has primers for 119.00 per 1k. I feel that is just to much and have been holding off. He will only sell full 1k at a rip.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast