WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saying Goodbye to the Best Father I Could Ask For

Boolit Master

All of the kind responses are greatly appreciated and comforting. Unfortunately the hospice company is moving slower than cold boolit lube. All they did today was evaluate Dad and it could be as long as Monday before the hospice doctor might see him and give orders to discontinue the oxygen. That’s torturous for Mom, Dad and all of us.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Maybe God will make the decision quicker & very peaceful. Prayers continue.

Praying for you and yours, David. A sweet tribute to your dad, sir.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    David - your Mom and Dad were a special gift from God and most of all, you, your brother and sister were provided with the opportunity to see and experience true love, commitment and devotion along with memories that will carry you all through this difficult time. I lost my Dad 26 years ago and then my Mom 10 years later and while I miss them everyday, I also know they are with me and watching over me each day until it is my tome to be reunited with them.

It is truly one of the most difficult times when a person has to say goodbye to one that they love, but I hope that you all are able to find some comfort in the good memories you all have and in the knowledge that you honor him each and every day in the way you love your life as a result of his love foe you, the lessons he taught you all and the love and devotion he had for you, clearly shown by the way he lived his life.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and may God's blessings be with you and comfort you.

Boolit Master

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. The respiratory therapist cut his oxygen back this afternoon and he was gone, very peacefully, in about 3-1/2 hours. My mother and I were with him. I’ll be okay eventually but how does someone pick up the pieces after 68 years of marriage?
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master
    So very sorry for your loss.
    Just lost my Mother a few weeks back.
    I was her caregiver.
    I am sure they are in a much better place.
    It's us left behind that need friends and family right now.

When my mother was in hospice care, my brother called to tell me she was gone. My first thought was that someone should call mom and tell her.

A father like yours is an incredible gift from God. His legacy will last for generations. God will comfort you in your grief.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Banned

"how does someone pick up the pieces after 68 years of marriage?"

On old friend from church passed a few years ago from pacreatic cancer, similar circumstances, good man who worked hard his whole life almost up until the end. I went up to his wife of 65+ years at his funeral to offer condolences and it was strange how easy she seemed to be taking it. There was no doubt that she adored him ever, but I kinda felt like it was something she was prepared for and it was the natural order of things. She made it a few more years.

I just went and saw my Dad yesterday, mom passed about three years ago after 58 years of marriage (my dad is several years younger than she) and he seems to be holding up OK. Lives in a pretty good assisted living place and has friends there. I think a lot of it has to do with the individual personality of the person and very much what kind of support base they have around them.

I'm really sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like a great guy.

Boolit Master

If you ever wonder what good it does to respond to discussions like this, the impact can be monumental. After we got back to the house last night I showed this to Mom. She was incredibly touched and comforted by your comments. In a time like this, it does make a difference in someone’s life.

You are one and all the best! Thank you!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry for your loss. Read assured that he is in a better place.

Boolit Master
    I'm sorry, I know it's brutal. We are pulling and praying for you, your Mom and your family.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master

My sincere condolences to you and the family, may the God Lord comfort and sustain you through this loss.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    David - Our sincere condolences to you and your family over the loss of your beloved father. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

It isn't an easy timer any of you and no matter if you know it is coming or not, you can never fully prepare. All you can do is to be there for each other. When I lost my Dad, it was after an extended illness and during the last six weeks, I only went home to shower and get clean clothes and then go back. I sat up with him during the nights and when I could finally get him settled down and to sleep, I slept on the floor or in a chair so I could hopefully allow my mother to get some sleep in another room. As hard as it was, I would not trade one second of the time I was with him for all the riches in the world. We had an excellent hospice nurse coming in and I sometimes felt like it was only because of her that I was able to get through the whole ordeal. She was a blessing and there were many times she would talk with me privately to get me through it all as I was the primary caregiver as far as medications, giving shots, etc.

I saw and witnessed things while taking care of my Dad that left me with no doubt that there is a better life after this one. We all know, but sometimes choose to not want to think about the cycle of life. Just as birth is the beginning, death is the final chapter that we all will face someday. My Dad voiced that he did not want to leave because of all of us (his family), but we assured him that we would be fine until the day came it was our time to join him - one of the hardest things I have ever had to tell anyone. He knew that his time was limited and he faced it with dignity - the same way he lived his life - and I have no doubt that your father was the same way.

Your folks enjoyed a good long life together that was blessed with love, devotion and a wonderful family. Your Mother will be worrying about her children and you children will be worrying about her - but the love you all had for your Father and for each other will get you through this difficult time. After Dad died, I once asked my Mother how she was able to get through each day - after Dad died, it was discovered that she had a major aortic aneurysm and as the result of the surgery to correct it, she became paraplegic. She never hesitated a moment in answering me as she leaned over and laid her hand on the Bible she kept on her desk - the same one she had received years prior as a child in Sunday School. Her answer was simple - "My Faith".

May God's Blessings be with all of you and your family and may the love you all had for your terrific Father and each other help you through this difficult time. You Father lives on in each in every one of you - your wonderful Mother, you and your sister and any grandchildren - and that's a beautiful thing.

Boolit Mold
    David2011, I can appreciate your heartache. My Dad was my best friend and I miss him every day. From your post it is obvious he was a great father and husband and did the best he could. You have been blessed. The greatest thing you can do is honor him by doing your best too. God bless you and your family during this very difficult time. Thank you for sharing your amazing father with us.

Boolit Master

This is very hard for me to respond to, but I feel I must. I lost my father when I was a teenager. That was 60+ years ago, and it still hurts when I think about it. He suffered for 3 years before he passed. I have to admire my mother, who cared for him and still maintain the household. It was just the two of us, no other relatives. No hospice or outside help. You're so lucky to have had your father for so long, to do things with him, spend good times with him. I'm sure he's proud to have you for a son. May the Good Lord give you & your family the courage to get through this.

Boolit Master

What a touching tribute to your father! Our condolences to you and your family.

Boolit Master

I hope that all of you understand how comforting these responses have been to my family and me. Almost all of Dad's friends and former co-workers have already passed on and I wanted to make a tribute to him. Your responses have made it complete. Mom was amazed at how you responded for a man you never met. I will do my best to be as good as he was. That is the best way I can think of to honor him.

Boolit Master
    God bless your father and all the people he touched! May He Rest In Peace!

Sorry for your loss! People like your father are the salt of the earth and back bone of this nation. The folks coming in to replace those we are losing have been so short changed in so many ways that I also grieve for our nation.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

David,
    I lost my Dad in March of this year, 6 years to the day Mom passed, so I know how you feel.
    May your Dad rest in Peace.
    atr
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master

I was about your age(68) when Pops passed at 93 . Just because you've had 'em around that long doesn't make it easier when they go. Just remember all the special times you had with him, the world seems a lot smaller for a while . God bless you and your Mom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast