MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: New IMR powders

Boolit Buddy

New IMR powders

Hi Guys, Are any of you using the new powders from IMR my supplier has a good quantity of the Red Green and Blue I have some of the Target
    but not had a chance to do much testing with it want to use them in .38 Special .357 Mag .45 ACP .44 Mag there is not any of the usual suspects
    available right now.
    Robert.

Boolit Master

I am using the red in 9mm and the target in 45acp , I like it and I bought when it was a great price , if and when powders are available again I would buy it again .

Boolit Buddy
    Yes it is a very good price here as well much cheaper than the others by $5.00 to $10.00, Just not any load data for the Green
    I was hoping for something close to Unique.

Boolit Master

The Green is supposed to be the same as Green Dot.

The whole idea behind these IMR powders is that a shotgun loader could use the same bushing they use with Red Dot with the IMR Red.

The Unequal, which was never released, was supposed to be the Unique equivalent.

I've used the IMR Red in 45 ACP, 9mm, 38 SPL, and 327 FM.

I've used the Target in 45 ACP and 9mm.

I've got some Blue and one of these days I'll do some 10mm or 357 mag work with it.

It would be nice if Quickload had an up-to-date powder database. It would make things easier.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master
    I would not hesitate to use the new offerings. Hodgdon is not going to put out junk.

Lots of data on their web site.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Tired a few rounds in 308 and 38 special with Green using Red Dot data. Seemed pretty similar velocity wise.

Not shots enough to get a good idea of accuracy.

Boolit Man
    The Hodgdon website shows the red, green, blue, and target as being discontinued. Anybody know anything about that?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D. Heppner View Post
    The Hodgdon website shows the red, green, blue, and target as being discontinued. Anybody know anything about that?
    I''m guessing this would be the reason

Thursday, January 31, 2019
    Hodgdon Announces Alliant Powder Distribution Agreement

Hodgdon, The Brand That’s True®, is pleased to announce we will be a Distributor of Alliant Powder for 2019.

Hodgdon currently distributes smokeless powders under the Hodgdon, IMR® and Winchester® Smokeless Propellant brand names. Hodgdon Powder Company also owns and distributes the GOEX® black powder brand. For 2019, Hodgdon has added Alliant Powder® to the list of smokeless powders and will be distributing this powder to customers.

“Powder distribution is our core competency,” said Chris Hodgdon, public and media relations manager. “In the past, we have distributed both VihtaVuori powders, as well as Alliant, so this is a natural fit for us to offer to our customers.”

Hodgdon Powder Company does not sell direct to consumers but Alliant is immediately for sale for sporting trade customers.

About Hodgdon Powder Company, Inc.

Established in 1947 by Bruce and Amy Hodgdon, today, sons J.B. and Bob have grown Hodgdon Powder Company into the largest US supplier of smokeless, blackpowder and blackpowder substitute propellants. The company distributes gunpowder under the Hodgdon®, IMR®, Winchester®, Pyrodex®, Triple Seven® and Goex® brands.

Learn more about the brands at these websites - www.Hodgdon.com, www.IMRPowder.com, www.WWPowder.com or www.GoexPowder.com and connect with the Hodgdon brand on Facebook or YouTube.

PR Contact: Chris Hodgdon

chris@hodgdon.com

6430 Vista Drive

Shawnee, KS 66218

Phone: (913) 745-0778

Fax: (913) 362-1307

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/relea...3-a4a85ca87918

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for posting that. Something i didn't know.