WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Primwers

Primwers

I was reading my local want ads paper.
    In the recreation section I saw an add for primers. Didn't say what primers but was selling them at $100 per 100.
    I wasn't sure if a typo or not but even at $100 per thousand is much to much.
    Leo

Boolit Master
    If they're going for $1 each I might have to cash in. I'd have enough for a decent-sized down payment on a house, even in this market.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Primwers

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmattes View Post
    If they're going for $1 each I might have to cash in. I'd have enough for a decent-sized down payment on a house, even in this market.

I’m with you on that one. Man that could pay for a bunch of stuff around my house

I'm betting they are still for sale. Askin' is one thing and gettin' is another.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    His wife told him to get rid of the reloading equipment, he's going to tell her how hard he tried but could find no buyers

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I was at a gun show yesterday and primers were for sale by table holders at $10 per slide of 100.

Boolit Master
    I think I might have had to call him just to check if he was serious, or if that was a typo.

Boolit Master
    If your willing to pay a $100.00 a hundred for primers, I'v got a bridge I can sell you for a very reasonable price, but you have to hall it away.

Several months ago I saw primers going for 200 to 250 a thousand at a large gun show & yes I saw several people buying them
    Lately they have seem to come down to 100 to 125 a thousand, still to high for me, might sell some of mine too

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmattes View Post

I have to be honest, at the prices I was seeing, I was beginning to consider selling a bunch of primers and powder, and keeping just the bare minimum, and cutting way back on my target shooting. At $200 per 1000 of primers, and $50 a pound powder, I figured I could part with $15,000 worth of reloading stuff.

Boolit Master
    I check out Sportsmans every week (the day the truck unloads) for primers and powder. This last week I asked about primers and the nice lady said, only pistol primers. And they had several powders, like CFE and titewad (none that I use). These are all at 'normal' prices. 1000 pistol primers for $40. Powder was around $40/lb as well.

They also had more bullets on the shelf and a lot more ammunition.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I have to be honest, at the prices I was seeing, I was beginning to consider selling a bunch of primers and powder, and keeping just the bare minimum, and cutting way back on my target shooting. At $200 per 1000 of primers, and $50 a pound powder, I figured I could part with $15,000 worth of reloading stuff.
    I did that. Down to about 60k primers. Will not go any lower on inventory. Will buy back as prices level back out.
    Don Verna