Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Use adhesive for peep sight on lever rifle?

Boolit Master
    Further update. I took the rifle to the range to site in today. So far the Gorilla tape is working out.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Grand Master

I would use the slow-cure , original , J-B Weld that cures in 16 - 24 hours ...
    it develops the most shear strength and should hold the sight on untill you want to remove it . Clean both surfaces and follow directions ...
    I'm a believer in the original , two-part , J-B Weld !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Man
    Like others, I have had good luck using JB weld to attach a weaver rail to a 20 gauge single shot for a loaner deer gun, and it held up well for at least 10 years and was still attached when I included it in a trade. I just used an unknown rail I had floating around, nothing specialized. Nowadays I have an assortment of various laser bore sighters that I use when figuring out sights. I like the cartridge size ones but also bought a cheap arbor style kit complete with an entire set of different spuds and it was $13 on sale. At todays prices that is less than a lot of packs of 100 benchrest primers. OK just looked at ebay and some are less than $12 for an entire kit with 177 to 12 GA adapters, like eBay item number:386272868815 (no affiliation, just using as an example get whatever you want as there's a bunch of them on there, amazon, and walmart to name a few).

Anyway, a laser is a big help when figuring out where to mount the sight in addition to getting it on paper,

Boolit Master

Buy a tube of silicone gasket material. Stick the sight on with it and it will hold just fine for testing purposes. When you're done you can peel it off with your finger. I glued a Weigand scope mount on a Ruger .44 Mag with ProSeal (a 2 part aircraft caulk) to see if I wanted to go the dot sight route. Fired 2 boxes of full house Keiths, mount held fine. Pulled it off, cleaned off the ProSeal and D&T'd the mount. I have an S&W Model 34 with a piece of .22 scope rail glued on (ProSeal) holding a small tube dot sight. Been on the gun over 20yrs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3881.jpg  
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234