Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DA 45 Colt

Boolit Master
    I guess I'm in the minority on the Redhawk. My 4" Redhawk in .45 Colt is one of my favorite revolvers.

No trunions or ponies needed here to carry a Redhawk. It fits just fine in an old S&W N frame duty holster of mine, and I carry it regularly while hiking or hunting.

Is it as light and nimble as a K frame Smith? Of course not, but that wasn't what I was looking for when I bought it. I wanted a revolver that wouldn't come apart, or shoot loose with a few heavy loads, and that's exactly what I got with the Redhawk.

I'll go out on a limb here though and suggest that it really depends on what you want, not what the rest of us here want. If you want a light, nimble revolver, then the Redhawk is probably not what you want. If you want a heavy duty revolver that will handle any sane load you can throw at it, then by all means consider the Redhawk.

It’s hard to beat a S&W 25. You can get into a good shooter at $800. It is not the best gun if you want to feed it a steady diet of magnum loads. Off hand it’s most accurate 45 still common and available. A Ruger Blackhawk is the best for heavy loads and I think lighter than Redhawk. I have a Colt NS which is a nice gun. The fixed sights kill its usefulness. I would have to grade Ruger as strongest, S&W second strongest and 1st for accuracy, Colt 3rd strongest and Charter pulling up the rear.

Boolit Master

I dearly love Smith & Wesson revolvers in 45 Colt but they won't handle what I like to shoot on a regular basis. I recently bought this Ruger Redhawk at auction and it will handle damn near anything I want to shoot. I guess it all depends on what you want it to accomplish for you. Here's a example of my Beauty and the Beast. Happy Shooting! Boats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12