RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKS...Guess Yall Dying To Know

Boolit Buddy
    <<<<[QUOTE=Buckshot]...............Jeffery, NCLB event in Winnemucca is a great time. There are normally several 45 cal rifles being used. >>>>

What is a Guestimate of the number of people who will show up at this shindig in Winnemucca? I can see I will have to bring six or seven rifles.

<<<<The last few years Deputy Al and I usually drive up to Cedarville in Modoc County, CA for some ground squirrel popping before Winnemucca. Arrive Monday AM, check into the motel and strafe ground squirrels till Thursday afternoon. Then have a nice drive over to Winnemucca. >>>

When you are going to Cedarville do you go up 5 or 395?

<<<Last year we got into Winnemucca a bit early due to it's starting to rain pretty good in Cedarville. We went to the ACE Hardware store to look around. They had Bullseye (which I'd been out of for some time) on the shelf for $13.79/lb. I about had a siezure. Here in So.Cal at Turners it's like $21.00/lb. I grabbed 3 pounds of that, a pound of 748 and something else I dis-recollect at the moment.>>>>

I found a fellow going out of business. He could not move the powder back East.
    I asked him what he had. He said if I took it all he would give it to me for $100.00. 20# AA2495, 11# 4759, 1# H4831, 1# IMR4198, 1# Blue Dot. Needless to say he got my $100.00. It is all in sealed containers. That is as good as surplus.

Keep Well.

More later.

Jeffrey

Super Moderator

................Jeff the number of folks vary a couple here and there. Probably 15 or so plus wives and/or offspring. Started out with like 5 8). I usually being 4-5 rifles and a couple pistols. Maybe 50 to 100 rounds each for the long guns and triple that for the short inconsequential ones, ha!

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Jeff, the number of rounds that you need to bring is in direct proportion to the exoticness of the firearms that you are bringing. If you bring unusual firearms, more shooters will want to test fire them. For example, Deputy Al will probably need to bring plenty of rounds for his CZ 9.3 X 62, but a Remington 700 BDL in .308 may well go unborrowed.

Buckshot's estimate of 15 or so shooters is close, though there has been a lot of early interest by previously non-attenders that may swell our ranks this year. My rule of thumb is that wives, children, and friends and relatives will double the estimated count. Some of the non-posting relatives are a force to be reckoned with when targets are measured. BruceB's wife and daughter are excellent shooters, and my stepson, Jaremy, habitually turns in at least one best target.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Buddy
    <<<<Jeff, the number of rounds that you need to bring is in direct proportion to the exoticness of the firearms that you are bringing. Deputy Al will probably need to bring plenty of rounds for his CZ 9.3 X 62,

Buckshot's estimate of 15 or so shooters is close,>>>>

NV & Buckshot:

Thank you for the info. I do not have any EXOTIC rifles. I have 30 Kern, (blown out 7.62X39) on a 1909 Argie. What are the common old military rifles which show up? I have a few to bring if I know what is common. Styer 95's are a lot of fun.

Jeffrey

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Jeffrey, by far the most common milsurp at Winnemucca is the 1903/1903A3 Springfield. Next in popularity would probably be various 98 Mauser types, then a couple of No. 4 Enfields, followed by at least one 1917 U.S. Enfield, and the odd Krag. I will leave it to Buckshot to comment on the more esoteric militaries.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12