Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair Trade For Beeswax? Daughter Getting Married

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    So, career military daughter finally met the man of her dreams. A SF Operator seems like a nice guy. She is planning some type of mountain HeeHaw wedding thing with haybales, gas lanterns etc. Asked the wife if she could make some candles in mason jars..

Wife know I can get her all the jars she wants in whatever sizes. Next question "you know where I can get some pariffin and beeswax"?

So my beeswax is about gone along with the box of pariffin but I think it's a good trade and the small blue and green mason jar candles look good
    just get some of the feet wax stuff from walmart. Not sure what it's called but it goes in those things where folks put their hands and feet in the hot wax to get it to coat them and then peel it off to smooth the skin (not the hair pulling stuff). It's Pure parrafin. I got a few blocks years ago to make some ballistic wax for bullet testing

Boolit Master

The wife’s cousin’s son got married 4 months ago in Michigan. Heck, he’s 42; but nothing was good or big enough (an only kid). The parents paid for the big wedding planned, seven bridesmaids, 300 guests etc. They had to postpone it last June because of the plandemic.
    We watched the wedding on a computer. Only the parents and wedding party were there. Everyone dressed and masked up.
    When the wife & I took the plunge it was at a JP. Sis & her husband witnessed. I had to work that afternoon so no reception.
    Hope your kid’s wedding is great and their marriage even better.

My wife and her mother bought 3 wedding dresses. I had and have no idea which number she wore. A couple of years later I found out my in laws had taken a $25k loan for the wedding. I enjoyed the rehearsal night party more than the reception. It was at my soon to be in-laws house and costs us a under $100 for food and coffee. For the wedding I ended up with a couple hundred dollar tab for booze and beer. Since this was a hundred miles from my folks and most relatives, they insisted on another party a week later. Sheesh!
    One of my BILs was engaged to marry a woman who'd clerked for Antonin Scalia. I'm sorry for BIL, but glad that fell apart. Of just the plans we heard about I didn't want to go. The booze bill would have been at least ten grand.

Boolit Master
    When I read the thread title, I thought you had traded your daughter for some bees wax and I was going to ask you how much you got or if it was a pound for pound trade. Happily I read on and all was revealed. Best wishes to the happy couple. Gail and I married in 1996. Second time for both of us. We had the wedding in our home with just my hunting partner and his wife for witnesses and the United Church minister (from when I ran a food bank out of his church basement) performed the ceremony. We went on a combined honeymoon/work, two week trip and when we got home we phoned the kids and told them we had gotten married. Wedding feast was a plate of supermarket sandwiches, along with flowers from the same source, work paid for the second week of the honeymoon so win win all the way around.
    R.D.M.