WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Castboolits and WiFi trouble

Castboolits and WiFi trouble

For the last few weeks I have had sporadic trouble clicking links here on the forum. Half the time, the website opens fast and clicking sub forums and posts works just fine. But usually at the same sitting, it hangs up and I get the small “thinking” wheel and it takes a minute to load.
    But... if I turn off the WiFi on my phone and just use cellular data, it works great. Even when I am having trouble connecting, I switch the WiFi to cell and immediately loads.
    No other websites I visit are giving me the same issue, wife and kids have no troubles either.

Seems like this started after the last server upgrade a few weeks ago.

This is happening on my iPhone which is my main tool for computer stuff now a days.

Things I have tried:
    - logging in and out of the website
    - clearing history on my phone
    - rebooting my phone
    - rebooting my WiFi router and modem
    - checking settings on my phone

Anyone else have this issue?

Boolit Master
    My down load delays and similar issues due to a very slow DSL rating. I know I need to upgrade to a faster speed and am not happy having to use either Cox cable or AT&T here in NE KS.

You did not say anything about checking the download speed using "testmy.net". Also, I unplug and plug in at every connection from the phone jack to the CPU just in case there is some dust or a little more resistance in the connection.

I have very slow downloads on some sites and forums. Usually, the Cast Boolits is not a problem for me at least.

ADMIN

it's not a forum issue.

if I turn off the WiFi on my phone and just use cellular data, it works great. Even when I am having trouble connecting, I switch the WiFi to cell and immediately loads.
    I have unlimited cell data. So I only use wifi when I want to use my phone as a TV remote (roku app) or if I am in an area that has poor cell signal.

Speeds are fine. We also have a dual band router running regular and 5G. Step son uses the 5G for gaming and has no issues. I have tested both bands and it also happens when no one else is using or he is not gaming. Plus I have poor cell reception at the house. Usually it’s the other way around for me, WiFi is usually better for us than cell for internet.
    At times I have tried turning off or disconnecting all the iPads, xboxes, rukos and other items connecting to WiFi.

ADMIN

With home ISP services you run into a couple variables.
    (1) as you mentioned you have others using you connection so speed varies
    (2) depending on your ISP the speed may vary due to network congestion. So you may find out that during peak times (typically 3pm-9pm) the speeds may slow
    and lastly (3) it is possible that at the time your request was sent to the CB server it was dealing with excessive traffic so you were delayed, you switching to Cell will basically resend your request and by then it may of slowed down.

who knows?
    I do 90% of my CB surfing using my phone and the Tapatalk application.
    Rarely am I on a real PC. Right now I happen to be on my wife's MacBook Air using wifi (400 meg service) and haven't had any issues accessing the site in the past hr.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Grand Master

Whatever the problem is I don't think it's the Cast Boolits Site .
    Everything is running fast and smooth on my desktop computer .Been that way for several weeks now ... my son came by and did something ( "upgrade" ??? ) that actually help with speed and connections .
    No problems here .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    you can down load a wifi analyzer (google search)

and you can find what other wifi is around

I found My neighbour was using the same channel as I was so I changed the one I was on

auto channel on router/ modem might not be the best Idea

also you can buy a 2.4 + 5ghz router the older ones are just 2.4ghz

the 5ghz will give you a larger area that will give you a larger signal receive area