Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TN Constitutional Carry

Boolit Master
    The training to get a license is mainly a token training. That type of "training" is nothing more than a calming the unknowing that thinks they know.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    Butzbach, I have seen people who were not able to hit a stationary target and those who got their gun safety knowledge from Hollywood. Apparently you haven’t. For the safety of all, those people need training and as I said previously, a license shows minimal competency and knowledge.
    You're funny.

The "training" required to get a Texas CHL/LTC is so minimal as to be worthless.

But let's go down your route.

To make it REALLY safe let's require everyone to complete the Gunsite 499 level training before they can beg to the Government masters for permission to carry a firearm.

OR...we could read this moldy old document called the Bill of Rights and follow it.

I prefer the last one.

I'm guessing you're a LTC/CHL instructor???
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

I have to ask this question.....Can a person purchase liability insurance coverage without a permit. My suspicion is that a carrier won't touch covering a person without a permit showing at least some sort of training. On another forum a person there stated he had an umbrella policy so no worries for him. It is my understanding that an umbrella policy only comes into effect when an underlying policy is exhausted. If a person doesn't have an underlying policy then the Umbrella policy is no good.
    Anyone researched and know the particulars here?
    Take care,
    Rick

Boolit Master
    Insurance companies, by nature, are going to try to throw a monkey wrench into the works someway or another.
    What would be different about this?

I held a ccw for one 5 year term. Instruction, it WAS NOT TRAINING, was good as far as when you could defend yourself legally, when to not pull out that gun and HOW TO FOLLOW THE CCW LAWS. By that, in Arkansas, if you hold a ccw, if you have a traffic stop, you are Required to hand over the license with your DL and inform the officer if you are or not carrying. $100 fine if you fail to do this. ONLY FOR A CCW HOLDER. Range shooting for license was a joke. if you could hit the paper, you passed. It AINT TRAINING. DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF. Mine lapsed, I'm not paying good money for the privilege as AR is now constitutional carry state too. I'm safe in my surroundings states, mainly MS and now TN. law officers don't like it here either, it was really back doored as the state constitution permitted it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I will continue to keep my handgun carry permit as a Tennesseean. But I am glag for the permitless carry law now.
    Right it is really no training in my opinion.
    It is just a formality is all.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    I will continue to keep my handgun carry permit as a Tennesseean. But I am glag for the permitless carry law now.
    Right it is really no training in my opinion.
    It is just a formality is all.
    I agree completely. The last time I renewed my permit it was for 8 years. I'll be 82 when it expires. I'll make the decision, if one is to be made, whether to renew or not. I've had a permit since they first were allowed in TN, when we had to be bonded. I've not always carried consistently but liked knowing I could. It has only been in the last couple of years that I acquired a serious carry gun. Now I've got two. A Dan Wesson .45 and a S&W Shield .45.

I sincerely hope that the bad guys are nervous about anyone being able to be armed.

EDIT! I just noticed that my driver's license expires the same year. I guess I should also worry if I should renew that too.
    Last edited by alamogunr; 04-01-2021 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Let's see. I carried BEFORE Tennessee had a permit system. I got a permit when they became available. Won't renew if this is signed. I don't wag my pecker around in public, I don't wag my pistol around in public, and no one cares that I have either. Having one makes me a potential murderer, the other a potential rapist, this is where laws against possession are evil.
    I wonder what's going to happen to these constitutional cary laws when federal law makes it illegal to "bear arms"?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RickinTN View Post
    I have to ask this question.....Can a person purchase liability insurance coverage without a permit. My suspicion is that a carrier won't touch covering a person without a permit showing at least some sort of training. On another forum a person there stated he had an umbrella policy so no worries for him. It is my understanding that an umbrella policy only comes into effect when an underlying policy is exhausted. If a person doesn't have an underlying policy then the Umbrella policy is no good.
    Anyone researched and know the particulars here?
    Take care,
    Rick
    Yes you can.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    In Massachusetts - Each town is a fiefdom unto its own. The cheif of police determines what level of training you need above state minimum, if you need referal letters and from whom, and if you will be restricted to no concealed carry (you can't legally own even a spend casing here without a license). And we can only buy "approved" handguns from dealers which limits the selection and excludes the more affordable options. Owning a firearm is only for those who can afford the time and money to jump through the hoops.

If anyone has an issue with constitutional carry because of training they should advocate for mandatory firearms training as part of the approved curriculum in schools.

Boolit Master

I know folks here in East TN who have gone through the requisite training and they have said it is laughable, even to the point of erroneously giving legal advice and misquoting law and code. When I moved here I showed the DMV my qual card from my last job (DOD) and they issued my permit. No class required.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12