RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First shots with Sig 365

First shots with Sig 365

Got this gently used Sig 365 and headed to the range. Load was NOE 135 rnfp.358 over 4.8 of power pistol (the standard 9mm load at the Thumbcocker compound).

Target was shot at 25 yards with a standing 2 hand hold. I am one happy fat white boy. I know I will be able to tighten this up with more trigger time. Zero lead in barrel. And the best part is I traded a Glock 43 in on the Sig. I will never own another Glock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Don't have any pics but, after a little less than three hundred rounds, I've become quite fond of my 365XL. Shot qualification for my CCW renewal last week and, essentially, 'erased' the X-ring from a B27 target...27 of 30 rounds into a cluster slightly smaller than a tennis ball (the other three were my fault...1 1/2" low and all within an inch of each other). Powder-coated Lee 124 gr. TC and 4.2 gr. HP38 works just fine but I'm definitely thinking 'hollow point' when the mold shops get caught up a bit.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    That is good shooting with that little sig !
    I got one a few months ago it has been 100% reliable with a Hi-Tek coated 125 rn and Federal HST 125 +p hp and is very easy to shoot for such a small gun .
    Mines a keeper.

Banned
    I'm sorry you and the Glock didn't get along.
    Looks like you found a good replacement.

Moderator Emeritus

I became a Sig guy last fall after I decided to try a other carry after my M&P 45c. Love my 357sig and grabbed a 45 since. I do not like Glock grips at all either. Good luck.
    Ron

I've had mine a cpl of years now...over 1300 shots through it and it'll feed virtually anything...even Missouri Bullet Co's 124 LSWC's; which do well at ~1000 fps & with no appreciable leading. It's become my daily, go to town, carry piece. The target below was shot when the gun was new...less than 50 shots through it. 10 yards, Weaver Stance, with American Eagle 124 gr FMJ's. The 365 has been called the little gun that shoots like a duty size one...I'd agree. Here's the gun and that's my carry rig...usually with the shirt tail untucked....Rod

Last edited by Rodfac; 03-29-2021 at 10:12 PM.
    Rod

Boolit Grand Master

I have a 365 XL for myself and one for the wife. Both shoot way better than expected. I put on a Holosun 507k X2 on both.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I'm kinda interested to see the 365 SAS. Its kinda weird looking at a gun that doesn't have sights sticking up on top. Seems like an interesting concept and would like to see how it translates into actual use.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by c0wb0y84 View Post
    I'm kinda interested to see the 365 SAS. Its kinda weird looking at a gun that doesn't have sights sticking up on top. Seems like an interesting concept and would like to see how it translates into actual use.
    I looked at those interesting setup but did not want to buy one without shooting it and they did not have one to rent . I had shot a couple of the XL model with regular sights and they were good shooters so not taking a gamble buying the standard p365 . But would still like to try the SAS .

Boolit Grand Master

The SAS sights are not my thing. They seem OK in good light and and OK in really dark. In between not so much. That being said I am color blind and that might be part of it but I will never own one. Also I only shot with them once.

I jumped on the tritium sights when they first came out. They are all dead now.

Eventually the tritium goes dead. The sight will need to be replaced. Will Mepro still be manufacturing them in ten years?
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-29-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I have the original 365 SAS with the ported barrel. I like the gun. but would go with a normal one if I had to do it again. I'll probably buy an XL model once panic buying dies down and prices drop.

Boolit Mold
    I love mine conceals well with 12 rd mags. Throw a 15 in for backup. Shoots really well for a striker subcompact gun.

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone compare it to the Hellcat? Sorry for hijacking. I have large hands, so just wondering

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gunor View Post
    Anyone compare it to the Hellcat? Sorry for hijacking. I have large hands, so just wondering
    If I can find them I wear 3X gloves. Normally I only can find 2X so that's what I wear.

Between the 365, 365 XL and the Hellcat the 365 fits my hands best. I retired about five years ago but for the past year I have been working part-time at the gun shop down the street. While I really like the Hellcat the 365 XL fits me better. The 365 XL has a better trigger. The Hellcat has co-witness sights for a Red Dot. The Sig does not. I am running a Holosun 507K X2 on my 365 XL's and I love it but I fully admit the Hellcat does it better with the co-witnessed sights.

The Holosun 507K X2 has a small built in rear sight. It's marginally workable.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the info on Hellcat vs 365.

Yes, the P365 is a fine CC platform that had some growing pains early on, but have been dealt with. The Hellcat, the Max-9 and the Shield+ are competitive Johnny Come Latelies, but I've not handled any of those since I'm quite satisfied with the P365.

The SAS sights are interesting if not gimmicky, but do result in a reduced footprint which matters alot in concealed handguns. BUT, the ported bbl is a show stopper for me. For me, it's unnecessary for recoil mitigation, but it can make for a more unpleasant range experience. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by c0wb0y84 View Post

Boolit Master

I've been carrying my P365 for a year now.

Started out as a TacPac model, which was all black with 2 12-round magazines and a manual safety. Found the grip to be the perfect length with the 12-round magazine, but was a little thin for my larger hands. So, I added a Hogue grip sleeve for $12.

Got it to group 2" at 25 yards with my defensive handloads...

Attachment 280484

Finally found a new Coyote Tan frame for $35 and am happy as a clam with it.

Attachment 280485
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    The SAS sights are for close in CQB work. Probably a really good choice for a CC piece truth be told but you do lose the precision of conventional sights. Looked at one yesterday and was wowed by the big bold sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I've been carrying my P365 for a year now.

Started out as a TacPac model, which was all black with 2 12-round magazines and a manual safety. Found the grip to be the perfect length with the 12-round magazine, but was a little thin for my larger hands. So, I added a Hogue grip sleeve for $12.

Got it to group 2" at 25 yards with my defensive handloads...

Attachment 280484

Finally found a new Coyote Tan frame for $35 and am happy as a clam with it.

Attachment 280485
    Good shooting! That is where I am hoping to get to.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Bub
    I had one for awhile. It's a great carry gun!!

I just ended up trading it on something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast