Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Colt Anaconda cracked frame post from 2016

Boolit Buddy

Colt Anaconda cracked frame post from 2016

What ever became of that situation. Was it ever resolved? Just curious for reasons I don't need to go into.

Boolit Master
    I don't know the Colt situation but my friends S&W 629 had the same kind of problem .He got zero help from S&W so i would'nt be alarmed if Colt did zero help.

Boolit Buddy
    JRLesan, nothing became of it, not resolved(fixed).
    Just packed away in it's case. Just too much going on to mess with it. If things ever even out, I might contact the man Dave Clements told me about, the way I see it, that would be only possibility of repair other than finding a used frame. No one I contacted will attempt to repair..colt, Clements, cylinder and slide..ect.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the update; I am doing some research on the Anaconda and ran across your original post. I did not want to contact you directly and 'rub salt in the wound' so to speak...

Moderator Emeritus

Colt is re-introducing the Anaconda as I have read. They may now be a repair station or parts source.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, I just saw that yesterday. I wonder if it's the same gun, or close enough, for a "new" frame to work on an older gun?
    When I talked to Colt before, they said they warranty for 20 years(this one made in '92), so it would be out of my pocket, but probably well worth it. Sounds like another call to Colt might be a good idea.
    I'll bet that would take awhile, I would imagine all frames will be going to the production line for quite a while.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Boolit Master
    Colt also changed the internals. It is likely the new frame is different.

I have had good luck Silver Brazing stainless gun parts.

Thanks for the New Anaconda post, I had not heard. I thought the original lockwork was perfect. They changed it though to a larger version of the New Python lockwork which is different than the original python. The original Python had a butter smooth trigger, I just hope the new triggers are as good as the old ones.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

when I hear about, or experience trouble with newer revolvers, I always imagine the old experienced factory revolver smiths are long gone and retired.

the new guys can swap an M&P 9mm barrel, but have no idea to to spec a revolver part.

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

The new Anaconda has no relationship to the original other than name, grip frame and internals are reconfigured. The new one looks better with the bigger grip frame but Colt will skip chambering .41 Mag. again and not sell as many guns as they could, do we need another $2K 44 Mag. ? I have no interest unless .41 Mag. is offered.