Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench build advice

Boolit Master
    I have my LCT mounted on this homemade portable stand I have 2 of these , one made in 1977 and one in the early 80s temporary until l had room for a bench they work well so I still use them .the the other one has my orange crusher on it they work very well when sitting so you can place a foot or feet on a leg or legs that sit out front . If you are on wood floors you would need to accommodate rubber feet on the legs.
    The one in pics evolved to have a Lee quick change pate on top if I built it now I would weld the Lee plate to the top and a piece of angle to hold 3 bins for cases , loaded rounds and bullets. In use I place against the bench , or the rear leg against the stem wall if in a garage. Another portable option if you have or know someone with a welder and scrap steel
    In use it just sets next to a table I can set my PM on.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1E99E318-1D8B-4F11-84F9-26F531806DFC.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	279951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A16276BF-78ED-4CEF-B83B-7A465F742E9D.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	279952

Boolit Master
    Something to consider if the missus is doing fine artwork and her supplies will be in the same area as your reloading, Reloading creates a lot of dust, debris and trash that gets on everything. Old powder residue from spent casings, primer residue, new powder which inevitably goes everywhere. I am not sure those two art forms are compatible with each other.

Boolit Man
    Thirty five years ago I used the plans from a Nosler reloading manual. I took the materials list to a lumber yard and had them fill it. I made a terrific loading bench. I added a Pat Marlins doc six years ago and installed alluminun shoes on all of my loading equiptment, including a vise. I have no compalints, my bench holds my loading tools. My Powder, primers, brass and boolits, bullets are stored in cabinets in my reloading room. The only problem is I keep buying more presses, sizers,etc.

Boolit Man
    I made the loading bench that you linked. Its is the answer.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    If you have the space, I would definitely let your wife have that table full time. Get yourself something sturdier. I find a wider, but not as deep, is more efficient.

Boolit Buddy
    all great answers to the potential problem. i once bought a teachers desk at a school sale that was heavy AND sturdy, i used it for years for a PW 800B,a hornady 366, and my rock chucker. all that joy for 5.00 was hard to beat and i had shelves too !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12