Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm in deep trouble

I'm in deep trouble

Got a call yesterday. Turns out that due to activity in my bank account a federal investigation has been started and there is a warrant for my arrest. I hung up rather than talk to am "agent ".

I figureit is just a matterof time before a SWAT team rappels out of a black helicopter and hits my door with a ram. But don't worry. I am on good terms with a Nigerian Prince. I bet I can claim diplomatic immunity.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    I got a similar call some months back. I am still waiting for the SWAT to show up. lol.

Boolit Grand Master
    wow .,you can't make this stuff up
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Yup, lots of activity on my accounts, seems all of them from several banks I NEVER DEAL WITH !
    When I’m in the right mood, I press 1 to speak with “an agent”. I try to sound like a deaf, older man or women. I screw with them as long as I can before they hang up. I had one of them hold on fer 3-5 minutes, told them I was looking for my bank and SS card for the numbers, but I was making a peanut butter n jelly sandwich.
    It’s hard to understand their accents, but I think they cussed me !

Mike

About a month ago I got an email with an out and out blackmail attempt. I've been on the Internet for more than twenty five years now and that was a first! I was stunned initially then I started laughing. Did not reply nor open the attachment with their instructions for where/how to send them the money. No illicitly obtained videos of myself have been sent to my family, friends, or employer yet!

I guess the Nigerian scam has played out so they are casting about for new rackets. Send out enough of those things and they are bound to come across someone with a guilty conscience who doesn't think first before they send their money.

I've gotten the "call the Chinese embassy" scam call four times now. One of them went into my voicemail. If I didn't know someone who spoke Mandarin to translate it for me I'd have no idea of what it was about. Think about how many numbers they have to be shotgunning out their scam to find people who could even understand what they were saying?
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I got one of those calls a while back . . .

Cleared out my bank accounts, sold my house, loaded up my truck, changed my name and got fake ID - am now "on the lam". Shouldn't be a problem though . . . I'll probably blend right in with all of the illegals crossing the corner . . . who'll notice an Irishman mixed amongst all of them?

Amazing . . . the scams that come up devised by those who don't want to actually work for a living and should be in jail.

Clicking due to curiosity will get you every time. Just don't do it. But yes, I understand sometimes they appear legit'.

I get one frequently, sent from myself to myself telling me to check my bank accounts. Of course I always open that one don't you know. I delete hundreds of emails a day, unopened, just mass deletions. If anyone doesn't get enough spam, just let me know and I'll be glad to forward a mess of them.

Billy, I hope it works out for you.

Moderator Emeritus

My 13 yr old Grandaughter gets these. I explain to her the Federal Gov. doesn't call from Anaconda, MT and we delete it.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Amazon is always suspending my Prime account for non-payment.

Never had one..........never will!

I get overdraft and other warnings from banks I do not ever have accounts for.

And calls from everybody from Amazon and Ebay (?) to the FBI and Social security.

Amazing what these people try to pull. The few times I listened to their rants, I could not hardly understand the severely broken English.

Just watch your back and use common sense. And always look at the Source URL and in the properties of the email!!!!!!!! They have nothing to do with the companies they are trying to trick you with.

Boolit Master
    Last week there were all kinds of problems with my Chase account. I think the biggest problem was I've never had one.

Boolit Master

"Time to go to the mattresses"
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    I get them calls, when they ask me where I work, I tell them the IRS.....click!

Boolit Master

Caller ID and the answering machine. The greatest inventions since leavened bread.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    What I usually do,is to punch the button to talk to the agent.THEN,I say,good morning or whatever abd then-This is the Knoxville Tn FBI field office.How may I help you?
    Gets real quiet.Then a disconnect.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Banned
    My Apple computer is infected and I need to let the Apple agent fix it, but they can't tell me what's wrong unless I give them access to my computer, problem is I don't have anything made by Apple.

Boolit Buddy
    No, not living in Jail. Basic cost of living to house a convict is $5,000 +or- a year. give 20 minutes to come to terms with their maker then a shallow grave.

Boolit Buddy
    Got an email from someone claiming they had video of me in sexually compromising positions. Then threats, then they gave up. Still not funny 3 year later. Gave it all over to God to sort out. I'm sure he did.

Boolit Master
    I got a call once. I introduced myself as Detective jones or something. I asked the caller how he knew me (Hiram). He said he didn't know Hiram. I said 'don't hang up, we have your number and we are putting another detective on the line to question you. You have reached Hiram's phone number and this is a homicide scene. Click.
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Man
    I always get the call about my cars extended warranty running out. I usually wait til they answer and string them along. If you ask them what car they are calling about they always seem to be having computer problems and can't look up that information. When you ask how can they take a payment if their computers are down, they instantly are working again. So Then again I ask which car are you talking about, and somehow like magic the computers stop working.

I also like the one where they are going to cancel my social security number.

Boolit Master

For some reason they never want to extend the warranty on my 1927 Ford. I usedeto get calls from they guys wanting to help me with my credit. One time I told them I had 445,000 debt between 14 credit cards. The guy actually forwarded me to his boss, who hung up on me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast