Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 610 vs XD-M

I have a S&W 929 that takes moon clips. In fact, they are required for the gun to work at all. The cartridges do NOT headspace on the case mouth in this revolver. If dropped into the chamber without the moon clip, they fall way too far into the chamber to fire. There is no ledge in front of the chamber for the case to stop against.
    Once you get the moon clips and the appropriate mooning/demooning tool, you will find it isn't any worse than loading a magazine for a semi-auto pistol.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    Thank you for all of the advice. I decided to go with the 610 for two reasons. The first was that I didn't realize the 610 is an N frame, as opposed to the L framed 686+ I already own. I don't have a N frame so the 610 checks that box. The second reason was the brass chasing. I decided the brass is difficult enough to source that I'm going to take the path of the brass miser.

Thanks again!
    And now you don’t need to notify the International Space Station to beware of flying brass before shooting!

If your future 610 shoots as well as the couple I’ve seen I think you’ll be very happy.

Good choice Jaak, but I think you wouldn't have gone wrong with the XDM-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    Thank you for all of the advice. I decided to go with the 610 for two reasons. The first was that I didn't realize the 610 is an N frame, as opposed to the L framed 686+ I already own. I don't have a N frame so the 610 checks that box. The second reason was the brass chasing. I decided the brass is difficult enough to source that I'm going to take the path of the brass miser.

Thanks again!

LOL, exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    And now you don’t need to notify the International Space Station to beware of flying brass before shooting!

Boolit Master
    I would walk past a free XDM to pay for a 610.........

Boolit Buddy
    With the 610 you may be able to rechamber the cylinder so that it can take the 10mm Magnum. That would give you the capability of shooting 40S&W, 10mm, and 10mm Magnum by using the half moon clips.