RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to trade ww lead for pure lead

Boolit Mold

Looking to trade ww lead for pure lead

Alright, I have about 1500lbs of ww lead and am looking to trade for pure lead. Anyone interested? I am located in the sf bay area and travel to reno area alot. I also travel a little north and south when I go dirtbiking.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm looking for some too. Pure lead is pretty hard to come by it seems.

Boolit Master

Got a bunch here in the barn but you're on the wrong coast./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

ysr, Do you seperate your pure weights when you smelt the WW's? Most of the stick ons are pure lead.
    ** Please bear with me for a day or two if I dont reply quickly.**
    Mike B.
    Gun Control= Being able to hit your target.

Boolit Bub
    I have about 60 pounds of what seems like pure lead from a shower pan liner. Unfortunately I am on the East coast.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by ysr50speed View Post
    Alright, I have about 1500lbs of ww lead and am looking to trade for pure lead. Anyone interested? I am located in the sf bay area and travel to reno area alot. I also travel a little north and south when I go dirtbiking.
    I have 23 lbs or so in 9 oz ingots of cleaned stick-on weights five miles S of Reno. Interested.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master

I will work a trade lead for WW if the WW are not melted. I dont trust that they dont have a mix and if they do they mess a shotmaker up BIG time. I have several hundred lbs lead

Boolit Bub
    Have you tried craigslist. You might have to buy it but I put an ad out a couple of weeks ago and got 210 pounds of pure lead.

Boolit Mold

lead

Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon View Post
    I have 23 lbs or so in 9 oz ingots of cleaned stick-on weights five miles S of Reno. Interested.
    I am interested...I contact you about next time I am going up there. I have tried craigslist but here in california seems like all the locals are against anything with lead....they kick my listings off all the time.

Alls my lead is melted down right now.

Boolit Grand Master

How much are you looking for? I was suppose to aquire about 500# but so far it hasn't panned out but I am still hoping.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master
    why not consider mailing a flat rate box up to 70lbs at a time for ten bucks??

Smaller quantities than you're talking about but, would go coast to coast easy enough for the same price.

I've got about three tons of salvaged bullets, most are ingots, but, not much soft lead. Maybe 200lbs, but, that's being held back for M/L's

Good luck,
    George so I can:

Gun Control is NOT About Guns!
    It's about CONTROL!
    Join the NRA Today

Lm: NRA, NAHC, NAFC, N***/WS

Boolit Master

Where exactly in the SF Bay Area? I am in San Jose.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    How much are you looking for? I was suppose to aquire about 500# but so far it hasn't panned out but I am still hoping.
    I am looking for as much as I can get thats an even trade. Right now alls I have left is about 1,000lbs but am planning on getting another 1k this week.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
    why not consider mailing a flat rate box up to 70lbs at a time for ten bucks??

Smaller quantities than you're talking about but, would go coast to coast easy enough for the same price.

I've got about three tons of salvaged bullets, most are ingots, but, not much soft lead. Maybe 200lbs, but, that's being held back for M/L's

Good luck,
    I was thinking about this but was hoping to find someone local...I guess if I find nobody then I will ship.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Where exactly in the SF Bay Area? I am in San Jose.
    I am located in Concord. I don't mind driving to you if you have soft lead. I go out that way all the time.

Also if anyone is interested in a large amount of pure lead, I can get it. The problem is, that I have to buy at least 4,000lbs of it and I just can't get that much lead at one time right now. Now if someone wants to split it with me, let me know. Its .20cents a pound.

Cast Boolits Owner

At .20 cents per pound it would cost $800 for the 4k of pure lead. If you could float the cost, I am sure you could sell it fast for a minimum of .50 per lb. + shipping and make a little for your trouble OR at least get your personal stash for free. I know that is what I would do.

Robert

I am located in Concord. I don't mind driving to you if you have soft lead. I go out that way all the time.

Also if anyone is interested in a large amount of pure lead, I can get it. The problem is, that I have to buy at least 4,000lbs of it and I just can't get that much lead at one time right now. Now if someone wants to split it with me, let me know. Its .20cents a pound.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Take your time and sell them if you have to...Whole WWs are worth more money than smelted.......Because poeple know what they are getting.
    You'll make enough off 1500lbs to buy all the Soft you want. WWs are becomming hard to find in some locations.
    Take your time and do it right, right for you. Don't try to go more than 50lbs in a USPS box or you will be sorry.
    Try to stash as much as you can for your future. WWs will become gold for trade someday.

Boolit Mold
    Alright well I guess I'll take my time and sell it. thanks for all the advice. However I did melt most of all my WW already. I did just pick up 800lbs of ww today but they were sitting outside in water. Anyone know a way to take the surface rust off of them? Anykind of solution I can soak them in or will the rust foat to the top when I melt them? Also I'm picking up 600lbs of range lead today, I guess I can melt that stuff down in the mean time.

Only the steel clips rust. It will float off when they are smelted. The lead will still be just fine.
    Calehedron
    Roll Tide!
    KCH Reloading
    Custom Cast Bullets and Brass Processing
    Owner/Operator
    A small garage based business

Boolit Bub
    Look to the local phone company in some cases they have TONS of soft lead