Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test firing cast bullets

Boolit Master

That's why God invented satellite radio. I have a Sirius receiver that I move around with me, to the RV, or to the Reloading Laboratory, so I can hear some good music, sometimes. And there are 20+ radio stations in the environs I could listen to...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    since I cast, it don't matter whether the boolits are deformed or not.
    happened to have a 2ft section of 9" steel pipe with 3/8" walls.
    Welded a 1 1/2" thick disc into the base and a short leg on front, stuffed the front of it with foam rubber and shoot most anything I desire in the shop into it. I hit the side so it bounces against the bottom. Even 7mmags dont' damage anything, but, it's sure LOUD inside that shop!
    So far, I haven't had any neighbors complain, but, I fire six and quit, then come back in an hour or two for a few more. and keep it before 10pm.

Sure am glad I've got that fine bullet trap, saved at least 200 miles driving to the range so far.
    George so I can:

Gun Control is NOT About Guns!
    It's about CONTROL!
    Join the NRA Today

Lm: NRA, NAHC, NAFC, N***/WS

Guess I'm fortunate (?) to have a huge outcropping of granite boulders in the back yrd. Its a jumbled affair w/several locations offering a trap like inverted slanted surface to enhance safety.

I like to test out a load/handgun w/one shot to see how it prints and lazer boresight correction before going to the local range. In that there are plenty of ranches around, I do hold to my oneshot rule and do it after most are gone to city jobs.

Having recently acqiured a 475L FA 83, I waited until my wife was to depart for her morning constitutional at the seniors center in town. She instead decided to take a 3mile walk ~ I thot that'll still work out.

So, I set up my standing shooters sticks (one shot so have to make it count) at the corner of the garage where no one could see me and to protect me from anything untoward. I peeped around the corner and ripped off a shot. Put my stuff away etc and looking/feeling pretty innocent as the missus returned. She started in on me and she was shaking all over. Seems that she was 3/8mile away (crows flt) or 1/2mile by road and the sound hurt her ears, those nearby homes w/animals became vocal ~ everyone of'em. Our closest neighbor is always too busy to come over to visit now and can't help but think thet handcannon had affected our relationship. The missus had commented about his donkeys reaction to that one shot heard around the neighborhood. So now I'm a confirmed shooting range toad and no longer 'thet colorful neighbor'.
    Last edited by odoh; 12-29-2008 at 02:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12