Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: RCBS contact ???

Boolit Master

RCBS contact ???

Does anybody know how to get in contact with RCBS? I call and get the run around from
    different people. I don't know there hours, as I can't understand her when she talks so
    fast. I'm trying to buy a couple parts for a hand primer. So much for there great customer
    service.
    leadhead

Boolit Master
    I'm not sure. I sent an email to RCBS asking a question about a die and never got an answer. That was over 3 months ago.

Boolit Buddy

Email them and tell them what you are needing replaced. A lot of times they will just send it to you under warranty. I just got an email a couple of days ago for a rod for my hand prime tool. They’re sending it out free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What if..... you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

Boolit Grand Master

Send an E-mail , go to www.rcbs.com
    Go to their web site and go to "contact us" , located at the bottom of the home page , there is a place for your contact info and a place to leave a message .
    Usually someone will get back in 24 hours ... be aware March 1 through March 8 is inventory week ... no orders will be shipped and I don't know about replies to E-Mails ... Today is March 9th so the office should be open but Covid has some businesses short handed .
    Send E-Mail and cross fingers , I'm so tired of everything being messed up .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Yeah... Good luck. The call center/service sucks a big bag of... Well anyway, I'm not a fan of them. If you do get through, don't expect to get the right parts.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Well, I just sent them another e-mail. We'll see what happens.
    I can't find the parts I need anywhere else on the internet.
    Anyone have an idea where I can find parts?
    leadhead

I've been dealing with them for more than 40 years. Never had a problem. I ask for a small part....offer to pay....they send me 2 or 3 for free. Good people.

If you go to the website right now, you will see a notice near the top that says they are doing inventory this week and not to expect shipping this week, so maybe that has something to do with it.

But treat them with respect and it will be reciprocated. If you can't understand a lady tell her so, and ask kindly if she can talk slow please. Emails sometimes take a day or two....but they've always answered mine.
    Last edited by GWS; 03-09-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    Well, I just sent them another e-mail. We'll see what happens.
    I can't find the parts I need anywhere else on the internet.
    Anyone have an idea where I can find parts?
    leadhead
    Depends on what you need. I assume you've scoured the internet. Do you have the booklet that should have came with the hand primer? It should have part names and numbers that can be easily googled. If that doesn't work... There's about a hundred different hand primers you can get to replace it

Boolit Master
    Good luck right now there customer service is really bad. I had a bad sizer die in 7.5 swiss and the only way I got thru to them was when I called the company I got the dies from to get a return authorization for them and they didn't want to do that so they had rcbs contact me. I tried that stupid customer service number for 6 weeks with no luck and never got any response to emails except for a boat load of spam cause they sell your info. Rcbs did finally replace the die but the one they sent had the bottom turned down to allow the case to go further in which caused the shoulder to be in the wrong place giving a bad headspace issue in my rifle. I believe if there customer service was like it used to be I'd still have several swiss rifles in my collection but because of my frustration I got rid of them.

Excellent experience with RCBS customer service just a couple of weeks ago. I broke the decap rod on my 300BO die. (Don't ask)
    Called the 800 number, and took the option for them to call me back. I got a call back in about 3 hours from a very friendly guy, listened to what I needed, even threw in an extra pack of decapping pins.
    Would not take any money, even though I admitted it was my fault.
    I had the parts in my hands 3 days later.
    Could not have been better, sorry you are having issues with them.

I have also bragged about RCBS customer service, but recently my e-mails went unanswered. Good to hear that they are still responding to telephone calls. These are trying times for everyone.

Boolit Master

it's been hit or miss for couple of months, but for the 30 years before this they took good care of me; so I will definitely cut them some slack.

Boolit Bub
    You might try to contact Huntington Die Specialties (Fred Huntington) or contact Huntington Sportsmans Store which is next door and formerly under the same ownership as RCBS. HDS: 530 534 1210 HSS: 530 534 8000 Or let Google be your friend for their websites

I called today. After listening to the computer I left my number for them to call back. Sure enough they called me back. Got the parts I wanted on the way.

See, inventory is over, try again..... One more thing....some times of the day there is more telephone or email traffic than other times....it is possible to get lost in the shuffle.....try again.....they are as good about service as anyone, better than most....but they get a lot of calls.
    Last edited by GWS; 03-10-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 3jimbo3 View Post
    Email them and tell them what you are needing replaced. A lot of times they will just send it to you under warranty. I just got an email a couple of days ago for a rod for my hand prime tool. They’re sending it out free of charge.
    Well. that "free of charge" from RCBS is a mixed blessing. Nothing is "free", everything has to be paid for by someone, their "free" parts were paid for by the original high purchase price. Most of our replacement parts are nickel-dime things to the maker. Most of us never break anything but, for the promise of free parts, those who aren't ham-fisted pay RCBS very well for those who are.

In some 55 years of reloading with a wide variety of tool brands I've gotten some Lyman decapping pins - I paid a couple bucks for them - and got a "free" RCBS C-clip shell holder retaining spring; there ain't much "free" parts warranty value in that.

I do buy a few RCBS tools from time to time (I love their Precision Case Gauges) but it's always for some specific user feature, not the warranty.

800.533.5000 is a number I used years ago for an electronic scale. I reverse looked up and it goes to RCBS Returns, hours were 7a-4p PST

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Well. that "free of charge" from RCBS is a mixed blessing. Nothing is "free", everything has to be paid for by someone, their "free" parts were paid for by the original high purchase price. Most of our replacement parts are nickel-dime things to the maker. Most of us never break anything but, for the promise of free parts, those who aren't ham-fisted pay RCBS very well for those who are.

I do buy a few RCBS tools from time to time (I love their Precision Case Gauges) but it's always for some specific user feature, not the warranty.
    That's something I've been saying for a while... I wouldn't be surprised if their margin on dies was still a healthy margin, even if you accounted for a free set was given away due to warranty

Got the email that my parts were shipped.

Yes, I'd chime in for the good old green machine, they've treated me great. I actually quit calling places like this, my hearing is diminishing and I too have trouble with a lot of phone conversations.

I've emailed twice in the last couple of months and they've sent me what I need at no charge.
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!