Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Besides primers and powder, what are you going to buy when this shortage is over?

Boolit Buddy
    I have enough primers, powder and brass for about 5 years at the rate I shoot. Will make sure to make it a lifetime supply and the same for .22 long rifle in the future.

Boolit Master
    Until they go to the lead-free primers with a 10 year shelf life I’ll keep stacking primers.

Boolit Master

I need nothing, but I'll sit back and watch. Just sit back and watch for what is available.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

I have an urge for a 7mm Remington magnum in either an older Remington 700 ADL or a Tikka T3. I'm not sure why, but I do.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Primers+powder+brass=cruise control.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I'll probably buy a back-up Lee classic Turret press.
    and Brass...lots of Brass
    I have been enjoying the heck out of my Lee turret press. I feed it sized and primed cases and it turns out perfect ammo. Partnered with a Lee APP.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johniv View Post
    Yup .22 rf. Primers and powder as well. I just hope this nonsense goes away. I have a bad feeling about this one.
    Yes. There is so much that is just so far off the rails it seems that a bad end is baked in at this point. Still hoping for the best though.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    I'll buy more of what I have - and I have enough ! Have not shot much but reloads for years, will probably stockpile some factory stuff just because.
    There is an odd response. That is the idea to keep this going for a decade. It might take a Republican in the WH to end this panic. Reading in the PIT, many of our scholars here stated they will not vote again, so maybe this has no end in sight.

I will go with canning lids also. Likely have all the shooting supplies I will need for the foreseeable future. If I acquire a new caliber, maybe some brass/bullets/mold or a different powder. Never get over the amount of people who can't/didn't see this coming. The only reason I don't have canning jar lids, is that I am concerned the gaskets (rubber seal) getting hard...only a slight concern on my powder going bad.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Banned

I started shooting shotguns a lot more last year. Managed to get some primers, wads, etc. I'll start loading my own now and will likely start trying to stock up on shot and 209 primers when I can. Seems you go through a lot of shells even if not the most avid of trap shooters.

I think I'm also going to look into one of the big bore air rifles and stuff to keep one going.

Boolit Master
    Good on powder and have 4-5 years worth of primers, probably some 22 LR.

Boolit Master
    I think a large propane generator, when they become more available, and a bundle of 2x4 and 2x6 studs, and OSB or plywood. Ten or so years ago, saw OSB for less than $5 a sheet, and thought it's never going to be this cheap again, and now is close to $4o. Also want to get parts to overhual a couple old 6 cyl pickup trucks, so I can putt around my domain while everybody else has to get those new electric cars.

Boolit Grand Master
    I know the OP said besides primers and powder, but that is what I will focus on. I am starting into PCP air gunning this spring and may add another rifle and a couple of pistols if we wind up enjoying it. That will keep me from using up a lot of primers for plinking. About the only thing I need to add for PCP shooting is a pump as I need to travel an hour to get my tank filled now, but at $10/fill it is difficult to justify the cost. Once I have the pellet trials completed, 20-30k pellets; although their supply has not been affected much, I suspect others will move to air guns if this panic lasts much longer. The last item would be an 8 cavity pellet mold if cast pellets shoot well enough for plinking.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

probably primers and powder although I have enough of both to keep me going for a year.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Dies.

Boolit Master
    Always on the look out for CCI Mini Mags at a good price so will continue to buy them.
    Moving back to Alaska

Boolit Buddy
    I'm going to make sure that I have enough bullets and brass to last me several years.

Boolit Mold
    I have been going back and forth between upgrading to a Dillon 550c or 750xl. This will be my next purchase sooner then later.

I'd like a stainless target sights 1858 made by Pietta. They show up once in a while, but at inflated prices. I can wait, but I would like to get my hands on one.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master

Only thing I'm light on, and not really, only in my mind, is primers. I'm really good, got enough to go through 2-4 years. As said a few times, just need to shoot more.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    Tooling. Dies, die mounting plates, an APP press.
    Some specialty tools also. Neck turning and trimming, etc.

I'm actually pretty set for primers....
    For the press, Put a email notice on the Titan site only site that has worked for me. I just got in the swage kit (only thing I was really missing took me a month to find one) don't buy extra bottle kit, (comes with one and one pound powder bottles fit) Also, Midsouth has had the press when it was out of stock elsewhere. So far like it for deprime and swaging... Keeps my dillon clean.