Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Parker Hale No4 mk1 question

Boolit Master

Parker Hale No4 mk1 question

I have the chance to acquire a No4mk1 enfield that was sporterized by Parker Hale. It was one that my buddy had gotten missing parts(bolt, mag, front sight) that folks from here were able to help with. Well he's looking to downsize. What would be a good idea of the value? It's not matching because of the parts missing but as he is a retired gunsmith it's 100% functional.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Without more info, I would wager $500.00, based on today's market.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

I've got a sort of similar rifle, that I got into pretty cheap. Tried to turn it for awhile, and got no interest. I shot it a bit, and acquired dies and mold for it, and it grew on me. I kind of think that it's worth more as an extra rifle in elk camp than the few hundred dollars I could get for it.

Bone stock Enfields bring pretty good money, but these don't seem to. jd

Attachment 279187

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    I've got a sort of similar rifle, that I got into pretty cheap. Tried to turn it for awhile, and got no interest. I shot it a bit, and acquired dies and mold for it, and it grew on me. I kind of think that it's worth more as an extra rifle in elk camp than the few hundred dollars I could get for it.

Bone stock Enfields bring pretty good money, but these don't seem to. jd

Attachment 279187
    It looks identical to that, except it has a standard magazine, if I remember right I got the parts from Robert a few years before he passed away. My buddy has shot it and it did well with both cast and jacketed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    Without more info, I would wager $500.00, based on today's market.
    I did not think to take pictures, but its almost identical to the above picture. I honestly was joking with my buddy about when he was gonna sell it to me and he said make him an offer.

Boolit Master

A gun in that configuration would do better with a set of express style sights. I thought the PH sights were more for target work. I would use that as a short to medium range brush gun. FWIW.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

As a using gun, not a collectible, it is not worth as much as an economy rifle from Savage, Mossberg, etc in 30/06 or 308. Either of those you could expect to have better accuracy and more power and easier to find ammo.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    Mine looks exactly like the one in the pic. Came with a Santa Fe made in Japan 5 round mag and the brass buttplate. The front sight is made to accept the standard military front sight blades. Forget what I paid for it but wasn't a whole lot of money. Less than $200 easy. Mine is made on a Long Branch action with 2 groove barrel. And still has the military rear sight.Frank
    Last edited by samari46; 03-12-2021 at 03:22 AM.

Check out the Gunbroker and other auction sites.
    See what they're going for and make a value judgement on what ya got.

But if you take it to a stocking gun store- keep in mind, they aren't retail buyers.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Those rifles are actually rather nice and capable of pretty good accuracy. Mine is a home grown sporter and with my hand loads is pretty darn accurate with the bullets I use. I wouldn't know what value to suggest. If the bore is good then it will be worth more in real terms than the price you would pay, in my opinion, meaning even if you offer more than the market price you will still be getting a good deal.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    If I remember correctly, Parker Hale made several variations of the Lee Enfield conversions just as Golden State/Santa Fe did. Some are VERY nice. Don't think I would go over $200 for the one in question, maybe a little more if it had the 5 round magazine and Parker Hale marked sights.

The one in the picture has a pretty nice Williams Peep on it. Barrel is two groove, and certainly not pristine. It groups about 3MOA, is a very comfortable hand held shooter. I'd not like to be a deer or elk standing in front of me at any less than 200 yds.

I do a lot of gong shooting with it and cast bullets. I judge it's lethality by the "KAFLANGGGGG" factor, which is my scientific measure of how hard a rifle hits. I'm always amazed by the rifles that we used to kill each other back in WWII. That Greatest Generation, must have been TOUGH!! jd

Boolit Buddy

I also have a Parker Hale sporter. It’s surprisingly accurate. Fun to shoot.