Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Need help quick

Need help quick

I set up my Magma Star sizer brand new and cant get lube to pump. I have the air cylinder on it and it is new and not primed up yet. I just turned the heater on, but dont want to heat too much as I am just using 50/50. More air and wait till heated up?

star

Quote Originally Posted by ddeaton View Post
    I set up my Magma Star sizer brand new and cant get lube to pump. I have the air cylinder on it and it is new and not primed up yet. I just turned the heater on, but dont want to heat too much as I am just using 50/50. More air and wait till heated up?
    let it warm up apply pressure and bleed the air out with the brass screw on the left side facing the luber, loosen the screw to let the air escape, dont remove it. what lube are you using? Bill

Thanks Billy, I bled the air and cranked up the pressure a little. About 31 lbs now and cranked the heat back down. Starting to look good. I backed off the air to about 25 and she quit pumping, went back up to 31 and came back to life. I am using White Label 50/50 Beeswax. From what I have read I shouldnt need heat with this, but it helped to get it primed. I turned the heat off for now and the air up to 31.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    ddeaton, Don't be afraid to up the air or the heat. I run mine at 60 lbs and turn up heat until the lube is a little to soft then back off and you can lube until the reservoir is empty. I make my own lube into 6 in sticks. If you find that you are running out of lube too fast, then put a c-clamp over the relief hole. This allows you to put more lube in. Also when you run out of lube, before unscrewing the air cylinder, put air into the bottom hole and the cylinder will retract. This makes it alot easier. One person on this forum runs 120 lbs on his Star. You can't look at what someone says about how much air to use as every machine and each batch of lube is different. When I shoot the heathern powder, I use the BAC lube for all my handgun loads. Even though it's advertised as not needing heat, I have to use some. Once my lube warms up then I shut off the heat. In other words you have to do what works for you and your equipment.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet